Agnostic.com

6 1

Sailing away

Is anyone else watching sailing la vagabonde on youtube? Im thinking of sailing away myself, any one think this would be a great retirement project

michaelj 7 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My plan for retirement.

My young cousin sold everything in London, moved back to Australia, bought a boat, got married and now he and his wife have been on the water for about 14 years, they bought a new boat off a friend of mine while in the Marshall Islands and are now in the Galapagos as far as I know. He was always an adventurer. More so than me.

I have been watching a lot if sailing on youtube. It looks like the life all right. You must have the time and lots of it. Money in the bank because stuff happens. I have always been a boater but have never sailed. I have a small cruiser good for weekend or a week or so on board. Great for trips ,but it does use a lot of fuel. There is something special about being out on the water.

Go for it.

I once lived for 2 weeks on a 45 foot schooner - it was wonderful

The joy of sailing is all an illusion. In reality I doubt you will like it. I hope you don't get sea sick or drown.

For some people maybe, but certainly not all.

I am currently living on a 32 ft. Sailboat. Only been seasick 3 times in my life.

Good luck... Are you at sea? Or tied up to the dock? That kinda makes a difference....@michaelj

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.