Agnostic.com

7 4

Sensory deprivation tank

Signed up for research involving a sensory deprivation tank back in the 70s, and recently went into a pod that does the same thing. Anyone else tried this?

michaelj 7 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Claustrophobic to my core.... actually when I kick the bucket, I have a system in place to get cremated. Can't even entertain the idea of being trapped in a coffin. People tell me "what do you care, you will be dead anyway".. my answer is always the same .. - "How many times have you being dead?"

REALLY Scary Shit!

Coldo Level 8 May 14, 2018

A long time ago I did and it was the salt water tank. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't relax enough to actually experience anything except anxiety

Went to "Float to Relax" a few times in the early eighties. Been into hypnosis and meditation for years. Religious awe is more fun without some god stuff harshin' the buzz. Wife likes no touch orgasm and it's helpful for insomnia and aches and pains. It might be an interesting experiment to see if the tank could improve your focus for mind control stuff.

I thought it might be interesting to try it. Just could never justify the expense of he money in my own mind. The frugal mentality keeps me form wasting a lot of money, but also tends to limit my experiences.

cava Level 7 May 14, 2018

Yes, I was going regularly and love it. It helps my headache and is mentally calming. There isn’t one close to me, so I have to drive to Oakland which is about 1.5 hours away which is the worse part of it.

I’ve toyed with starting one around my area, but I’m not sure how it would go over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.