Agnostic.com

17 1

Movie suggestions

I am all out of things to watch!! I don't have Netflix because I watch everything in Popcorn Time.
Can you guys suggest movies taking these points into consideration?
•I like super heroes (Marvel, not DC), sci fi, action and adventure
• I don't like horror. Not because they scare me but most of them are crap
• Romance movies bore me to death
• I hate comedies. They don't make me laugh.
• Most likely I've seen the movies or shows you will recommend. 😀 😀 😀
• I'm really bored

GeekLeen 7 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Getting Home. It's a Chinese film, so reading subtitles is pretty important.

[imdb.com]

This isn't exactly horror (more of a drama/thriller) but if you don't mind subtitles and want to see a movie that you will never forget, try Irreversible. It's a French film. But I will warn you, there is a rape scene that will never leave your mind. I have a strong stomach for shocking stuff but I won't say it didn't disturb me to watch. An interesting side note: The film unfolds chronologically in reverse. Not entirely original, but it really was an interesting film if you can stomach the rape scene.

[imdb.com]

@GeekLeen You probably wouldn't care much for what the woman's boyfriend does to the guy then because it's nothing short of brutal.

It's one of those movies where people either thought it was a very bold and well done film or complete trash. I thought it was a nicely done movie - it just had very touchy subject matter.

Silence by Scorcese

Tin Man. Its a few years old. It was a SyFy miniseries. Trippy and cool wizard of Oz thing.

Try "The Man From Earth," or "Waking Life"

I am more into dramas, so my list will not fit your criteria well, but I am assuming others will read it too and so I am recommending ones I find really good.

"Second Hand Lions"
"Ordinary People"
"American Beauty"
"Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang"
"Wonder Boys"
"War Games"
"The Color Purple"
"Gandhi"
"Shindler's List"
"The Shawshank Redemption"
"Stand By Me"
"The Outsiders"
"Star Trek II; The Wrath of Khan"
"Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home"
"Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country"
"Star Wars: Rogue One"
"Toy Story 1, 2 &3"
"Somewhere In Time"
"Monsters Inc."
"The Incredibles"
"The Sting"
"Wall Street"
"The Lion In Winter"
"Going My Way"
"It's A Wonderful Life"
"Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" w/ Jimmy Stewart
"Good Will Hunting"
"Billy Elliot"
"Fame" the original movie
"Dial M For Murder"
"All About Eve"
"The Man Who Came To Dinner"
"The Ghost & Mrs. Muir"
"Gone With The Wind"
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
"Raiders of the Los Ark"
"Romancing the Stone"
"Parenthood"
"A Beautiful Mind"
"The Silence of the Lambs"
"84 Charing Cross Road"

Anyway, those are off the top of my head.

Wow.

I like three of those movies.

What is popcorn time?

Illegal?

Se7en
The Shawshank Redemption
Gran Torino
Million Dollar Baby
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Lawrence of Arabia
Manhunter
Unforgiven
Raiders of the Lost Ark
braveheart
Dances with Wolves
Tombstone
Pulp Fiction
No Country for Old Men
Inglorious Bastards
Reservoir Dogs
The Thing
Fight Club
Aliens

I hope that helps

I've seen all of those. I didn't really care for Inglorious Bastards", because I don't like revisionist history in general. There will be some people who will nto know that that is not really how Hitler died, bu thtink it is accurate. That bothers me. The same kind of story could have been told using all fictional characters without any revised historical references. It woudl have been just as entertaining and less confusing to the uneducated.

I recommend "The Crow" if you haven't seen it, "The Green Mile" if you haven't seen it already... "Mr Nice" and "Get On Up" are good too... To be honest I'm not sure if any of these are on Popcorn Time... And, to be fair, all of these movies are good (in my humble opinion) even if you have seen them before, because there could be subtle nuances you missed the first time around. Happy watching! 😀

Oooo the original Crow. I ain't seen it in years. I might watch that.

woder woman is out for rental, the new Thor is in the theater, Star Wars comes out in 2 days.,

Saw Wonder Woman and was pleasantly surprised. Some interesting commentary on our society in it too but of course she's in heels and has the metal bustier too...Just finished the 3rd season of Fargo and still very good but the first season with Billy Bob Thornton is still the best. You really don't like DC huh? Kinda digging Gotham cause I've always been a big Batman fan and Batman always had the best villains by far! The guy playing the Penguin is excellent and the Riddler is even better. One kind of obscure Sci-fi movie I really like is The Brother From Another Planet. A John Sayles movie from the 80's with a very clever story, good acting and cast. I Like a lot of his other stuff too. Now I know it's not sci-fi but one of my favorites of ANY media is The Wire. Five seasons of amazing, reality based plots with incredible acting, unbelievable dialog and great social commentary too. I usually pull it out and watch it once a year. Hope I've helped.

Have you watched the DC cartoon movies? Most of them kick ass.

Are you willing to take some chances?

How about a documentary or two in addition to a few I would like to know if you have seen? "I Am" The Documentary by Tom Shadyac and "Alive Inside" by Michael Rossato Bennett.

Did you like Prometheus? Both John Wick's? The new Blade Runner?

Piranhaconda I think it'll tick all the right boxes. It's so bad that it's good!

Dav87 Level 6 Dec 13, 2017

You got it! Also check out the sharknado quadrilogy!

One on my A list is Remo Williams the adventure begins.

Some of my favorite movies are: The Dark Crystal, Secretary, Mindwalk, Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959), In Search of the Castaways (1960?), all the Underworlds, All the Mornings of the World (French), Brassed Off (Scottish), Little Voice (uk).

Go to utube and pull up bionicdance... shes very good at explaining things that can help us. I watch her often. Shes very intelligent. Give her a try.

I go to Half Price Book Store to the Clearance DVDs and buy a load for $2.00 or $3.00 each. I haven't watched TV in years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8093
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.