Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK Fringe Liberal ideas move to the front burner

I'm not saying I agree with all of these ideas, but what I do think is happening is that the public is tired of politicians sitting in their seats and doing NOTHING for the general populace-- just making themselves and their rich friends wealthier. The people want their representatives to listen to them-- as they should.

ksmartines 6 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Guaranteed jobs" sounds kind of cool, but I wonder the cost to business and whether businesses will remain highly profitable after such a change.

As our species & country evolve I have found advanced ideas I had years ago, & propelled me into the ranks of the oddball, are coming or have come to fruition. When I was 5 years old I would speak of the ecology & no one knew what I was talking about. Thinking & feeling animals was scoffed at. Racial equality was scorned. Gay rights was considered a disease or an abomination. Women should not have muscles. Insects are something to be squashed. Herbicide is better than dandelions. Spent car oil was poured on the ground to kill vegetation around the mail box. Quiet had to be filled with sound. Hawks were to be shot. Childless by choice was aberrant. Atheists were to be exorcised. All food should be cooked. Population control was an athima to the bible. We have come a long way but not far enough. 750 mountain gorillas are still not seen as more valuable than human reproduction or worth saving their habitat. Capitol punishment is still an option to study of the criminal brain. A woman's body is subject to government control. Men are forced to kill legally in something called war. And I can not legally grow my favorite medicinal plant CANNABIS.

I actually think all of those ideas have merit. We need to face the facts that as jobs permanently disappear due to automation and the advance of technology that their will need to be some type of stimulus to create demand for goods and services. If people don't have legitimate incomes then commerce will come to a halt. Universal basic income, Universal health care and guaranteed jobs fixing the failing infrastructure would be a great start. There is also no reason with the wealth in this country that anyone should be uneducated, homeless, or without a viable way to support their families.

The ruch get richer rhebpoir get poorer...

Nice find. Thanks for sharing

I'll take the:fringe", the rest isn't working so well for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.