Agnostic.com

12 14

LINK Be careful out there

This and I don't have an article but STDs in elders but I heard incidence is increasing. Dont be complacent

btroje 9 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Grammas & Grandpas being hookerific, oh yeah baby! We ain't dead yet! 😉

The next time will be my 1st time...yet Again!

I think a good preventative is not being prematurely promiscuous in the first place. Part of knowing and trusting recognizing across the board honesty in a person. It, unfortunately requires time and close observation of not only conduct toward you, but toward all others.

When a person speaks disingenuously about anything it is the first clue. Showing lack of honesty and candor in any specific can metastasize later and find you as it's new home.

I don't see sex as a means of getting to know another better. It is actually the other way around; as a means making possible eventual sharing sexual experience of one another.

That is easy to say now , but in the heat of the moment with a few drinks down. The fur will be flying. lol.

If you’re partner ever tells you they have an STD then there’s one thing very important you have to do: act surprised!

KenG Level 6 May 15, 2018

LOL

How much of this is due to asymptomatic STDs just lying dormant for years before they became seniors? They say about 1 in 5 people have herpes. How many don't even know it because they're asymptomatic? 25% of women and 20% of men have it. That's over 50 million people in the U.S. 85% of the people who have herpes don't even know.

[justherpes.com]

[verywellhealth.com]

did you read the article? It is not referring to herpes

@btroje The article is referring to "STDs". One of the articles I posted refers to other STDs besides herpes, but herpes is still an STD. Asymptomatic STDs could be a factor here. One they don't mention. It kind of puts a damper on their whole study in my opinion. Eh, no big deal though.

@Piece2YourPuzzle the article is only referring to 3 specific STDs. so extrapolating about others does not apply to the article I posted. I didnt read your articles. It may apply to yours. I am a doctor. thanks

Damned unwashed hippies!

Safe sex, until such time as we’re committed and exclusive, and both had testing done. Even then, it’s like I taught my kids: better safe than sorry! (I became a nurse at the explosion of AIDS in 1985...in training we rarely wore gloves unless doing sterile tasks, and there were no ‘universal precautions’. My first AIDS patient made quite the impression on me.)

I graduated nursing in 1977. Graduated med school 1985. I have an internal medicine book that mentions the unusual cases of maybe 6 homosexual men with multiple sexual partners and immunodeficiency. I know of which you speak

@felix5 It’s incredible to me NOW...I started nursing school in 1983; there was a blurb in our final textbook about ARDS, and nothing else. There was an ethic among us, not to be afraid to get our hands dirty. Now, we took precautions when there was possible hepatitis. Indeed, Hep B/C are robust and can live in a drop of dried blood for a month or more, while HIV is very fragile. Blood dries and it’s dead. It took a few years, for universal precautions to begin. Looking back, it’s crazy that we didn’t just always use them.

@felix5 I’m so glad you tested negative! That’s scary. I had the Hep B vaccine my first year out of school.

Shows we're alive, and that's great.

Oh oh... Hmmm.... that really sucks.

Pun intended?

@jlynn37. It depends... i like the ladies so I'll stay with that. Of course im sure others might feel different about this...lol.

@BucketlistBob I like the ladies as well, and it goes quite well there also.

Solo sex is safe sex. ;0}

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81829
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.