Agnostic.com

5 0

QUESTION Proof of evolution....

Cave in Romania that had been isolated for 5 million years

SharonK 5 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's funny to me that so many people don't understand the theory of evolution. The quick answer is this evolution is really sexual selection. Creatures have sex with healthy versions of whatever creature they are but those creatures have sex and breed with mature versions. Evolution starts falling apart when you see things like dolphins tounges. A dolphin tounge interlocks into,a straw so as a baby it can breast feed with sucking in a bunch of salt water. This adaptation isn't something a mature adult dolphin could be looking for in other mature adult dolphins so where did it come from? I see a lot of people reject god, me too by the way, but why automatically attach yourself to a theory. A really bad theory that has no proof!

Zeus9 Level 2 Dec 14, 2017

Zeus9 replied:0
I don't believe in god or evolution. Darwin didn't really believe in evolution. His early work talked about bears evolving into whales but later on he quit talking about anything like that. The actual term for evolution is sexual selection. Nothing spontaneously evolves and random mutations always die off very quickly. Genetic code does not take queues from its environment and change the next generation. Everyone is very confused about the evolution and the scientist keep that myth going. If I cut your arm off your kid will still be born with two arms. Put you Antarctica and your kid will still have all the same problems with ice and cold you have. Genetic code only changes through selective breeding. To further make things more complicated you cannot selectively breed cats into dogs.

Zeus9 Level 2 Dec 14, 2017

Sorry the link didn't work. Providing proof isn't the point, science is fascinating and it's always fun to be right!

I don't believe in god or evolution. Darwin didn't really believe in evolution. His early work talked about bears evolving into whales but later on he quit talking about anything like that. The actual term for evolution is sexual selection. Nothing spontaneously evolves and random mutations always die off very quickly. Genetic code does not take queues from its environment and change the next generation. Everyone is very confused about the evolution and the scientist keep that myth going. If I cut your arm off your kid will still be born with two arms. Put you Antarctica and your kid will still have all the same problems with ice and cold you have. Genetic code only changes through selective breeding. To further make things more complicated you cannot selectively breed cats into dogs.

This article from BBC is about the same cave. It certainly offers many problems for a creationist.
[bbc.com]

gearl Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing. Not sure what happened with my link but I'm new here and just trying to make my way on this site. Thanks again

Broken link. But does anyone here need more proof of evolution?

no

I'm new here, trying to post, link, comment, socialize to build my profile. Good to know that I can count on nastiness here like on other social media sites, I just didn't expect to see it so soon and was hoping to see a better cross section of humanity. Guess some people just need to complain about everything.

@sharonK just in case I'm the offending party, I apologize. My comment was a "coals to New Castle" thing.

Thank you @andygee

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8183
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.