Agnostic.com

11 2

How does the science work with Samson gaining strength from long hair?

Lmfao I just had to ask this question, considering the Bible is against women having short hair and men having long hair. God clearly said for a man to have long hair is an abomination and vice versa, yet turned around and gave Samon his powers through long hair.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Belief is a strange thing... if Samson were a truly strong individual but someone who was apt to suggestion and were further told that the key to his strength was his hair... then having it shorn can cause a psychosomatic effect: loss of said strength. The real question is how that theory is confounded by his subsequent destruction of the temple... Ah, but that was foretold, and we are back to the powers of suggestion! His strength is available only with his locks OR to fulfill prophecy.

Just a thought. πŸ™‚

Here's one way that science proves long hair increases power: (Vikings episode)

can you explain this post better to me I don't understand?

dc65 Level 7 Dec 14, 2017

The roids...are in...the follicles!

Same way it works with Superman flying

My fairy locks are 53 inches long. I recently found a 63 inch hair in my bed. I wish it gave me strength.

Lol you and me both!

The Bible is all over the place.

clea Level 4 Dec 14, 2017

Apparently, the hair thing has to do with his Nazarite vow, which among other things included no alcoholic beverages and ''Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head; but to allow the locks of the head's hair to grow.'' I guess by adding superhuman strength to the equation, ''god'' made us a really bitchin story to read to our kiddies!! LOL

I think that expecting consistency from the bibble is a bit of a stretch.
The disdain for long hair clearly does not apply to jesus, if all those kitsch posters are are to be considered an accurate depiction.

You're level 7! Congrats. Me too. As of yesterday.

Lol I love this site. I haven’t felt this safe revealing my true feelings about religion for a while now.

Same for me too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.