Agnostic.com

3 1

A disturbing clip from Jesus Camp. Please leave your thoughts about this video.

This is a short clip from the film,” Jesus Camp.” Seeing this video saddens, yet troubled me for the fact that the adult in it didn’t teach or didn’t seem to be bothered for safety of the child about safety risk of approaching complete strangers.
EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

poor kid, brainwashed young as is the agenda, now wants to try to brainwash others while doing their nails. praying for a strike too! no don't pray for sick kids, or the elderly or the people who need help, pray for a strike!!!!! WTG.

Those are the worst kind. The ones that try to brainwash you. I’m asking myself,” Why don’t you just leave me alone and keep your virus to yourself.”

This goes at the heart of the charter schools issue. Most are religious and too many legislators want taxes to go to private (read religious) schools. The Jesus Camp has been especially egregious in their proselytizing to the young. However, there are an increasing number of secular camps. One camp, [norwester.org] that was started on my island became so popular the office was moved to Seattle to handle the increased growth.

This kind of movement has it's risks, though. Wasn't it a overtly religious camp in Scandinavia that was the target of a fanatic a few years ago?

No, the victims of the 2011 massacre on the Norwegian island of Utoya were attending a summer camp of the Workers' Youth League, which is a secular partisan organization, not a religious one. [en.wikipedia.org]

@vertrauen Thank you for this. It was 6 years ago and I forgot some of the details but only remembered there was a religious connection."...to preserve a Christian Europe. He further urged Europeans to restore the historic crusades against Islam...)

I hope the others see your link which can highlight that we all make mistakes. I will try and be more careful in the future.

No worries, @JackPedigo. We do all indeed make mistakes. I'm very tuned into Central Europe and Scandinavia for professional reasons, so it was easier for me to remember.

@vertrauen What is your interest in C. Europe and Scandinavia? I lived in Germany 15 years and received my degree in European History from the Univ. of Maryland European Division (In 1989 at it's peak this division had an enrollment of 133,000+ students a little known fact among most Americans), I speak German and was curious about your name (trust). One of my favorite cities was Stockholm.

If the reward is infinite, the dangers of evangelism are trivial. At least, that's the thinking!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8250
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.