Agnostic.com

29 2

Having Children

If you had it to do over again, would you have had children?

My children and husband do not know that I am agnostic. The fact that they may one day come to the same realization pains me very much. The emptiness that I now feel makes me wish that I had not brought children into the world. I so hope they do not follow in my steps and face the truth that life was a tease..

Freeofcancer 6 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have two (adult) children and absolutely no regrets on a personal level, although I do worry about the state of the world they have to face (especially now that I have a grandchild).

"pryan" your post seems falsely negative. ...life is thrilling and advancing speedily in sciences now that the Vatican has lost most of it's theocratic power. ...children are benefitting from great freedom to think and explore rather than believe or retreat. ...yes religion teases/bribes with alleged heaven lies while the good news "gospel" of Atheism is "no hell below us, above us only sky" as John Lennon sang over his piano. ...the choice to not have children has long past the years after their births. ....impossible to change that now. ....encourage them all you can and keep this negative shit here where it won't scare them

Yes I would. It revealed a part of me that I never knew existed until they came along. Knowing that the only answer I can give is yes 🙂

I'm very happy to have children. Perhaps you are going through a time in your life when you don't see the meaning of your existence. I agree that raising children is a complicated process that forces you to change your way of life completely. Why not make this period even more enjoyable and valuable for you? Explore this world with your children. Develop and enjoy every moment of life with them. I think there is nothing more beautiful than watching your child grows up. I have read that you need to involve your child in all the parent's activities. Do you know about the Learning Tower, which is a secure, safe platform that allows children to reach bench height to better interact with the world around them? If not, you can find more about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.