Agnostic.com

3 4

Needless to say, I didn't get the job...

Interviewer: So, tell me about yourself.

Ben: Oh, that's a tough one. Is it really "my" self, or is it just "Self"... or even "A" self? Am "I" a product of the "Self," or is the "Self" a product of me? Did I create my Self or am I just expressing my Self? So ultimately, are we talking about my "Self" or "Self's" me?

Interviewer: Who sent you?

Benthoven 8 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is the Self accurately depicted in itself when examined by it's Self? So, are you asking for me to explain the Self as my consciousness or the examiner of my consciousness which will be a biased description?

Haaaaaaaaa

This is funny. Man, you're not supposed to be a philosopher in an interview! You're supposed to show that you're eager and dedicated, establishing or showing potential as an operating responsible, consistent and competent individual in the given field. Most people mindlessly get through life without enough curiosity or analytical inquiry, unfortunately, because it is necessary to focus on one's security, anything else is seen in a disapproving light usually supposed as a lack of contribution to the economic machine. An evaluatory philosophical response may be unsettling to those well-adjusted and unexamined coasters that unquestioningly accept most everything their society asserts as valuable, expected and normal. What were you thinking, thinking head? Be a competent yes man that would like to know how high to jump next time if you want the job.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.