Agnostic.com

7 0

How do you feel about your dreams?

I get strange, sometimes disturbing, dreams often. They come in waves. Months with dreams I can't remember. Then weeks of dreams I can remember and they aren't always pleasant.

Last night I had a dream that was innocent enough until the end. The end of my dream involved someone trying to attack me. I remember hiding. I remember my dogs being with me. It was just strange. In the dream I heard my phone beeping. It sounded like my alarm so I woke up but it wasn't my alarm. I often am aware I'm in a dream and seem my actions don't seem like I'm just watching. Almost lucid dreaming.

omalita 5 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Used to be curious as to interpretation when an Adrian Lear from the USA arrived hear close to 35 years ago and aroused my curiosity when I heard him interviewed on abc radio, to the point of attending a lecture to try to understand more. I concluded from lecture that one's interpretation could be variously construed depending on mood, what your self wanted to believe at the time, which seemed inconsistent. It still perplexes me as I believe we all dream, but place whatever meaning on it depending on subconscious experience, desire etc.

I don't dream much anymore, and l seldom remember them when l do.

I so very rarely remember my dreams. I think that is a blessing AND a curse. For now, I assume it's a blessing. When I was much younger I remembered my dreams and they were rarely happy. So I am good with NOW and not have those any longer!

During the day, you brain is actively working and it not able to today itsrlf of some of the byproducts of that work. When we sleep, those chemicals get cleaned out. In the process of cleaning, certain nerves get stimulated and your brain knows you are asleep so it has some fun. That's what dreams are. They don't mean anything.

Mine are fun.
I think it's just the unfocused conscious playing with subconscious to amuse itself.
When I can be partially aware during them, and sometimes am, it's all the better.

Mystifying, some good some bad, some disturbing, most enjoyable, the only time I have and enjoy sex.

Dreams have been important to me! I used them to find myself, and sometimes, they allowed waking time anxieties to disapate! They warned me of dangers...and I paid attention when I realized that! They were sometimes affirmative, with my life’s journey!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.