Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Latest Death with Dignity in California

For those interested in the Death with Dignity program especially those on this site that reside in California this is for you. Also, we need to know that for every state contemplating implementing the program there are people who are against it. I don’t think I need to say who these people are as it is pretty obvious

JackPedigo 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if the medical community lobbies governments to deny death with dignity. Much money is lost when treatment is withheld and patients die! I am 71 and so hope it is available to me, if I need this.

In my original posting I attached NPR story. Many hospitals deny end of life treatment because Medicare pays for treatments to keep people alive. BTW, Missouri has no Death with Dignity program. It is a red and religious state so good luck with any empathy from that crowd. You may ant to read the book "Final Exit".

For all the people who want government out of our lives they sure are making in roads into controling how we live, who we worship (if ya do), what women do with their vaginas and how we die.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I once heard it said that the party claims less government ends up making more. Right now it is about appealing to their base, the rabid Christians, who want to control everything about everybody's life. Too few of us comprehend that.

Hope the law stays in effect.

The program has been suspended pending an appeal and court ruling.

I am all for it. If I find myself in that situation, I'm going to do it legal or not.

I wish they would mind their own business. What I do with my own life is only my business and no one else's. Everyone should be allowed to die with dignity.

I totally agree, as long as it causes or does no harm to others.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.