Agnostic.com

7 0

Lines and scenes from drama and suspense movies that you find funny?

From the Ten Commandments, Moses to his mother: "Will you swear by your god that I am not your son?"

Nefretiri, handing the sword to Pharaoh: "Bring it back to me tainted with his (Moses) blood."
Pharaoh: "Yes, to mingle with yours!"

From the Silence of the Lambs,
Dr.Lecter: "I would've loved to be there, but . . . I'm having someone for dinner tonight" talking to Clarice Starling from the phone booth while looking at the Fed agent who put him to jail.

SonnyMlaPH 7 Oct 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The final battle in Tom Cruise's "Last Samurai" when the samurai general dies and tom cruise stands up. I cracked up loudly in the movie theater because i couldn't help imagining that, instead of sadness at that moment, tom cruise casually dusting himself off and saying to the enemy general, 'So i did my job, killed 'em all, pay me so i can go home now'

"Pull the trigger and the bad guy will go away" Eyes of Laura Mars

Aw! I think that's the film where I first saw Tommy Lee Jones.

And Faye Dunaway? I love her in The Thomas Crown Affair and Three Days of the Condor, where an irate Robert Redford asked her, "have I, have I raped you?" and she replied, "the night is young" and whole theater crowd roared in laughter, applause and lots of heckles and cat calls.

Not a line from a movie but my son who says "don't tell me how it ends!" in reference to The Passion of Christ 🙂

ha-ha! I only have two kids, my eldest son, 19, always "warn" me about that. While the younger boy, 8, would always love to know how it ends . . . and then switch channels!

That last one I find hilarious as well. But I find a great deal of the "Passion of the Christ" hilarious. To me that movie is based on such a ridiculous premise but they take is so seriously that I have to laugh.

I like Mel Gibson, an extremely talented "movie man" from his Mad Max series to Hamlet, The Bounty and The Patriot. He's got a handful of Academy Awards. I admire him a lot, the same way I admire Steven Spielberg.

I deliberately didn't watch "Schindler's List" . . . the same goes to "Passion of the Christ"

Passion of the Christ. I didn't even get the name right ... oops!

@AndreaJoy: have you seen the film "Passion of the Christ?

I'm really trying to find time to watch it not only because Mel Gibson is a good filmmaker, but because Nicsnort find a great deal of it hilarious.

I wouldn't suggest watching that movie unless... i guess if you can laugh at that sort of thing... i find it a bit like the scene from a clockwork orange, watching someone attempt to traumatize the viewer with gore and madness and torture for the effect of convincing them of something equally sickening to me is... sickening...

"There's no crying in baseball!" "League of Their Own" bt Tom Hanks

Referee Billy Crystal throwing Kareem Abdul Jabbar out of the game on a tachnical foul:
Jabar: "You can't do that, this is my farewell game!"
Crystal: This is your farewell game? Well so long, farewell"

"Liberty Valence is the toughest meanest man in the whole territory, next to me"

BD66 Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

I watched that movie with my dad when it was shown here in Manila more than 50 years ago. Kinda boring to me, too much talk (was only starting to learn the English language) because what I wanted was the cartoon-type slam-bang action cowboy film. LOL

I just "went" to Wiki and found that most of my favorite actors were there like the stuttering James Stewart, Lee Marvin and Lee Van Cleef, who I haven't seen in a comedy role. And I also found this quote: "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." And that quote reminds of a scene from 10 Commandments:

Pharaoh: Ramses, I told you to bring me back the myth in a bottle.
Ramses: Yes, my father, here is the bottle.
Pharaoh: But the bottle is empty!
Ramses: Yes, because the myth is a man! Send in the Hebrew!

I'll have to download that movie for my dad, now 90 years old. His laser disc copy was destroyed when the Philippines was hit by monster of a typhoon back in 2009. Gonna have to watch it again

From the Godfather:
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

LOL , I think that was the fat guy, Clemenzia, right bro?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:846
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.