Agnostic.com

16 0

What generation atheist or agnostic are you?

Who is the longest generational atheist or agnostic we have on these boards? 😀 😀

• 28 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
TheMiddleWay 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I voted for 3rd generation atheist based on what I know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet I'm 4th generation or more.

My parent were odd. They both claimed believer status and were involved in the church, but my dad while arguing the whole god side will openly admit, if only to me, that he doesn't know what he believes. I think he wants to believe more than he really does.

My brother agrees that religion is bs, but I think he believes there is a god not related to anything taught by a church. He could be agnostic but he's been known to repost religious memes on facebook.

My father rarely took us to church growing up, but always stated he had a personal relationship with god that didn't require church attendance. My mother,on the other hand, took us in every Sunday.

Now that I'm grown it seems my father started going to church in earnest while my mother might be a closeted atheist (she makes comments here or there, I've never followed up)

My mom used as a crutch and weapon but I don't believe she was a firm believer, more of a follower of my dad. After he passed, she never once attended a church service on her own.

I answered 2nd -- My mother was a believer, big time, but my father never went to church, nor did he ever say anything about what he did or did not believe. If I had to guess, I'd put him in the Agnostic/can't be bothered corner. Because of my mother I did not start out with an Atheistic bent, rather evolved toward it over time.

@TheMiddleWay - I have no way of knowing, really. It just wasn't discussed.

@TheMiddleWay My 1st wife was a relatively devout Catholic, while I was at the time an evolving Atheist. We stayed married 20+ years, the vast majority of which were rather good ones. Like any other disagreement, it seems gets in the way only if you allow it. My present wife - we have been together just short of 30 years, was a "social Christian" when we met and subsequently married, but today would describe herself as leaning Agnostic. Two years ago she even attended an American Atheist Convention with me.

I list myself as 1st, though it's hard to say about my adoptive father. We regulary attended church as a family when I was younger, but the only thing I ever remember him saying about religion is that I should pray at meals with the family just to make my mom happy. I never really talked to him about religion at all before he died. My bio dad is a believer, however

Parents & grandparents never mentioned religion.
No one went to church.

My Mothers side are all pagans and my Fathers side are all Freewill Baptists. Im a first generation non -believer.

I mean.... pagans don't have church, but I'd still consider her a believer. She has kept an altar in the past ,does tarrot readings, goes to reiki healers, and celebrates the equinoxes.

I am the 1st generation. My mother was raised JW, and my father was raised generic Protestant, but before I was born they converted to Mormon (Ugh).

Three of my five siblings are still Mormon

Since my family can remember....about 4th. generation.

Lucky you! My sister got go a good chuckle when i told her I'd have preferred our parents were nudists instead of Mormons.

@snytiger6 On;y one black sheep in my family....a cousin once removed became a priest.

4th but there were just the 2 of us. My great grandfather and me. Now there's just me.

Not one person in my family is religious. I think they would all think I'd gone mad. Its just not an issue here

Parents and step parents are theists but 3 out of 4 of us (children of them) are atheists.

1st generation non-believer

My entire family are "God lovers"...

Said second but for all I know could be 4th and above. Can't remember anyone in my family being religious, church was hatchings, matchings and dispatching if then, never set foot in them any other time. As for being atheist who knows, religion never came up in conversation except for my father who reckoned it was a load of nonsense.

Kimba Level 7 May 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:85241
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.