Agnostic.com

15 9

How many people actually think about this when they go to those xmas programs and see this happening. With so much division in the world today, thought this was worth posting.

mistymoon77 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe that participation in any organized religion is both a symptom and a cause of mental illness.

The irony is totally lost on them.

They probably don't think about it...or much else, for that matter.

what do you say mr. tRUMP? No racial profiling.

I have found that irony is lost on conservative christians, they lack both the imagination and mental faculties required to understand it.

How many of you have gone into art museums and seen Christian paintings that were supposedly depicting the period of (the) Christ (Christ is not his name but a title). It seems there are people in armor/chain mail, Middle Ages clothing and so on. Roman reliefs of the supposed Jesus and his followers show a person in simple robes. The reason is that during this time people were born, lived and died and saw no appreciable change. They assumed history was static and had always been just like it was at that time. It has also been shown he was probably Egyptian and dark skinned and a life long Jew. He did not seek a new religion but to make changes within his own.

There is a joke that goes: if Jesus is from the Middle East why does he have a Mexican name (groan)?

Let hypocrisy reign !!!!

Too bad they don't teach them the languages that went along with the personages. At least that we they'd learn something.

LNAO!!! I never gave it one thought and obviously neither have they.

SamL Level 7 Dec 16, 2017

Never thought about this before you brought it to my attention. Thank you

I find the concept insane myself. People do and believe strange and ridiculousness things

Some people are immune to irony. 😛

Except these same folks usually think Jesus et al were white. Of course they don't see the irony.

Yes. I’ve thought the same thing. Jesus, was, after all, an ethnic Jew. He certainly didn’t look like the paintings of him in the Vatican.

Oh h**l yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.