Agnostic.com

14 0

Who is a member of the NRA?

Do you think they have the average gun owners best interests as part of their big plan?

Nilkin67 5 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m a life member of the NRA as is my son and 2 grandsons. My son is also a gun dealer. Everyone who owns firearms and believes in the 2nd amendment should be a member of the NRA as without this organization our rights on guns would have been stripped away by radical gun control nuts like Obama and Clinton. Obama with his obsession with gun control frightened law abiding gun owners and the NRA membership expanded considerably during the 8 years of his term. Without the NRA I doubt we’d have any right to carry a gun for self Defense, own a handgun or for that matter own any kind of semiautomatic weapon. The gun is just a tool and if we outlaw them only the crinimals will have them. Without the gun the biggest and strongest will bully others and take what they want.

i openly and covertly mess with the nra and its puppets. They are a subversive element mixed into our population that hates America while talking about loving it. The NRA was taken over by libertarian John Birch Society kooks in 1977, and has been all Ted Nugent ever since, and is getting crazier and crazier. On its discussion boards, Atheists are right above ISIS and the Shadow Government as far as enemies out to steal their mailboxes and put them into FEMA coffins. They are people concerned ith property rights that laugh at school shootings, or deny they happened.

The NRA only cares about what effects their bank accounts ! They nearly boycotted Smith & Wesson into ruin for developing a smart gun and have indirectly put some gun dealers into bankruptcy for attempting to sell smart guns. Police departments want this technology because it can save lives by only allowing the owner of the gun to pull the trigger . This technology will make the NRAs main meal ticket ,who are obviously gun owners unhappy for many reasons that I do not want to bore you with

They care more about money than lives

Not a member. I think they hve teh profits of hte gun manufacturers at heart.

Is the entire US so dangerous that almost everyone needs a gun? And, if you do own a gun, what on earth are you going to do with it? I'm from the UK, and we find the obsession with gun ownership absolutely bonkers!

Thanks @Nilkin67. I understand the recreational side of things, but why does everyone else need a gun "for protection" in their own home? In the UK we don't have guns - we have insurance.

This country has always been obsessed with guns , I outgrew this obsession when I was about 8 years old about the same time I stoped playing cops and robbers

I am not a member. I am a gun owner and always have been. I think they are more in favor for recreational hunters rather than your average person who just has one for protection.

I was a member of the NRA some 65 years ago, when I was a teenager, as it was (at that time) an organization focusing on hunting and gun safety. Today it is a totally immoral organization of greedy people who have sold out -- lock, stock, and barrel -- to the gun industry. Today, the organization has no character or conscience.

I don't believe in guns, still there are guns in my residence, I don't believe in the bible, still if I look around I may find one somewhere, show no interest in nra regulations or what they stand for, same with the bible.... I do see the results... the damage done by guns or by religion, understanding guns or religion won't change the results. I don't try to de-convert gun owners or bible worshippers. They are on their own. Victims of their own devices. But it pains me of the results. The Lives Lost!!!

My grandfather was a gunsmith. I grew up around firearms of all types. I enjoy shooting for target practice and I know how to use them for hunting purposes. I never joined the NRA. As for whether they have the gun owner's best interest as part of their plan, I rather doubt that. They make a good deal of money off of their members, but their main drive I think is with manufacturers.

There is a lot of evidence that they primarily work as a lobbying arm, and marketing arm, of the gun manufacturers.

No, gun and ammo makers.

Not a member, but I do own guns and enjoy shooting as a sport. Don't know that I trust the NRA, maybe that is why I haven't joined.

MattW Level 6 Dec 16, 2017

Their main interest and ongoing plan ,is attaining a large bank account for themselves ,and their quest to fund the bank accounts of crooked politicians

I agree ,a self centered organization that is driven by money and every decision they put forth is to satisfy the people that give it to them

Good question... I do own guns but I'm not a member and I don't know about their best interests.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.