Agnostic.com

30 7

If virtual reality became full immersion, would you want to live in a virtual world?

Think of a world that is completely digital, but feels real.
One where the limitations of the real world do not exist.

Would you partake in virtual reality?
If so, would it be hard to return to reality?

silvereyes 8 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We already live in virtual reality—through tv, books, games, Internet, music, and dreaming.

There is a site online called Second Life, which is a virtual word kind of environment. I spent a fair amount of time in there, it can be quite addictive. I have found a fair number of people in there seem to have some issue in dealing with real life; Second Life gives them an opportunity to experience things from a different perspective. It's far from full immersion, but with new peripherals, it is getting closer. If it did become full immersion, I would try it out just to see what it was like.

Believenpeace Habilis
Analeda Mizen

Nope.

We live in a matrix, just put the puzzle together in plain sight.

yep, our society is a construct, we do not live in the real world, virtual reality is only a short step further.

Sounds like a holodeck. I’d get addicted to it for sure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.