Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't even waste time with hard core Trump supporters. Trump could shit on their pillow and call it a bed time mint and they'd eat it up like it came in a green foil wrapper with the word Ande's printed on the front in gold leafing.

Trump's base is made up of about 26% of the population. They're a hopeless waste of energy which can best be spent on more productive pursuits.

Use your time and resources working to reach the other 74% of the population. Some of those people did not vote for Trump in 2016 and they simply need to be kept engaged. Some did vote for Trump thinking that he might make some sort of difference, but are having serious doubts about their choice. Some stayed at home and didn't vote at all because they didn't honestly believe that he could win the election.

I think we’re at a point where kindness may be our best approach to a ‘trump supporter.’ Even they realize what a mistake he is, and only hope others won’t hate them for having put him there… That’s the feel I’ve had recently ...and if I go easy, they’ll often admit their mistake - then tear into him as hard as anyone!

To me, ‘right now’ feels a lot like the last year of Bush Jr’s second term; not only couldn’t you choke out the fact someone had voted for him (twice), they’d become some of his most crazed detractors! Considering trumps nearing the same level of disgust at light-speed, we’re in uncharted territory ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 17, 2017

I've found there's no point trying ... many are immune to truths, as they've been taught by a Master !

Infuriate Trumpsters? Likely. Educate them? Not likely.

Thanks for sharing. I have a trumpster living in my house and we just don't talk to each other period.

That would be tough. I work with a few, but luckily, I don't have to live with them.

He's disabled-I put up with his crap because he pays rent.

I can tell you from experience that it is impossible to educate a Trumpster. They are immune to it. It does indeed tend to infuriate them. Or as I like to say, triggered. 🙂

Yeah, if they were just stupid, you could educated them, but they are "willfully ignorant", and you can't educate a person who is unwilling to learn and/or has a closed mind.

@snytiger6, wilfully ignorant is self induced stupidity, the difference between stupid and ignorant is you can educate the ignorant, but you can't fix stupid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8845
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.