Agnostic.com

8 0

Is panthiesm considered a religon,or would it be more a way of life?

Alset89 2 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd say it's a religion based on belief in the divine. I don't think it matters though, aside from tax purposes.

well, first off- it's up to the individual- if i'm imagining a bunch of hippies, with their bare feet on the vibrating ground of a redwood forest, feeling connected to earth and everything around them- my opinion is the experience transcends language and becomes a validation of some inate proclivity...a philosophy, yes, and a very personal one. once you have a couple more hopping off the bus to join the others, and they have the same experience- do they feel the need to name or change name of said shared experience? i care about all living things- but, i don't need a brownie or a badge with a rank...you don't get a special name for doing what you should...i guess my answer is- who cares? (no offense meant, sir)

Pantheism, as I know it, is a philosophy or world view. Pantheism, as I know it is expressed by Spinoza, although I believed this way 20 years before I even heard of Spinoza.

Theism is Religion/religious belief since the word literally means a belief in a God/Gods, ergo Pantheism is simply a belief in many Gods/Goddesses as per the Romans, Egyptians, Greeks, etc, etc.

Nope, you are thinking on polytheism. Pantheism is the belief that everything is god. Theo = God, A = No or Not, Pan = All or Everything.

@TommyMeador Ergo Pan = All or everything simply means ALL /every God/Gods/Goddesses, hence there is No real difference, is there.

It's an outlook on existence in general. Could be some sort of religious idea.

It's whatever you want it to be and whether you want company.

The definition of panthiesm suggests god is everywhere-could be a way of life.

If it is considered a religion I'm super confused. I'd vote either joke or way of life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.