Agnostic.com

14 0

Do you vote?

I always vote, even if I feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils. Do you vote? Why or why not? I feel like voting is a civic duty and you should be personally obliged to vote. I would like to hear your thoughts both pro and con.

• 37 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
MustardSeed 7 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For a start, voting here is compulsory — a fine if you don't. Aside from that, I'd always vote anyway: there are always some candidates who are the 'least worst'.

if you don't vote, you don't get to complain about the results.

I don't vote. I don't see the point in voting for the lesser of two evils. If a candidate that I thought represented me or my views ran then sure I'd vote for them. I also live in Texas, so just voting for anyone that is not a Republican is pointless.

Tejas Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

I am a Retired Military.... I refuse to vote for anyone without a DD-214. That is just to get the foot on on the door. I just feel like that, no DD-214, not worth of my vote. I understand many good presidents were never in the military... but my vote... my rules and requirements. I don't expect all of you to understand.

I vote in every election, but only for those positions for which I have information. Our darned local elections require that I vote blind, expecting name recognition alone to drive the selection (not stands on the issues or how the candidates plan to get those done).

Zster Level 8 Dec 17, 2017

I vote yes

If you don't vote you don't have the right to bitch.

I do not vote if I am ambivalent about the subject. But that hasn't happened in a long time.

OMG! The first time I voted ended up being a nightmare. History, mom died when I was 14, dad remarried the stepwitch from hell six months later. 4 years later I voted for the first time. Youngest sister asks "who did you vote for" and I said I'd rather not discuss it. Step witch nags me for the next hour to tell, and when I am finally worn down and admit my vote, she spends the next hour denigrating my actions. And this from a witch who couldn't be bothered to go out and vote. I always vote, if you don't vote then you don't get to bitch about your government.

It's how I was raised. Never saw a reason to rebel against that.

... but do you vote ?

@THockemeier The comment box popped up right after I voted, so I somehow thought the two would be linked.
Yes. Always have, always will. Or at least I can't foresee anything that would make me stop.

I vote because I am part of a country that believes in a government that represents the people. If you don't vote for who you think best represents your views then you don't have the right to expect your views to be represented. Now just because the party I have voted for didn't win doesn't mean it was wrong to vote.

And local

If you don't like how it is, do something about it.

My personal motto has always been, "if you don't vote, don't bitch." I HAVE to bitch, therefore, I vote.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8893
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.