Agnostic.com

16 1

What is/are your thoughts about net neutrality?

What is/are your thoughts about net nuetrality?

hanahbanana 5 Dec 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't like the idea of giving companies the ability to restrict contest based on their "beliefs. Seems like a backhanded form of censorship.

I'll let you know when I figure out what it is!

Net neutrality is needed in order to promote new businesses and enable them to adequately compete with big established businesses.

Also, ending net neutrality means that others will decide what you can access on the internet, Ihnternet service providers want to make the internet like cable TV with packages that make you pay to be able to access more, even if the "more" that you access is mostly crap... just likee cable TV. You will end up paying for a lot of crap you don't want in order to acces those few sites you do want access to.

like most Americans i agree with the policy during the Obama Administration. the internet is one of the things working well so i am discouraged that the tRump bunch wants to empower the few huge companies that could gain dramatically from the fundamental change in policy. i find their arrogance in reversing the policy to be disheartening.

I have no idea what Ur talking about...............born in the 40's (early)

Hi guys!! I'm back! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I really think this is something we need to be concern of since we're are all end users after all, however net neutrality is not yet an issue here in the Phillipines. Unfortunately, our isp sucks but it's tolerable haha.

It should be for all and everything and not just for the internet. Look around and see all the billionaires that made thier money off of us. It should be for drugs and also gas stations.

I think Trump is trying to abolish net neutrality to control people. From his position that News Media that doesn't agree with him is fake news, with the end of Net Neutrality , he can now control the Internet by making it expensive.

Before net neutrality was enforced by the Obama administration ISP's were doing all kinds of shady things like deleting posts from Planned Parenthood because they were too controversial, forcing their customers to use internet search engines they had a financial stake in, slowing down anything and everything including your phone service, etc. This loss won't just have an effect on our quality of service, it will effect our political discourse.

With the repeal mean a few big companies control the majority, and we all know those big companies have "only our" best interest at heart. 😛

Betty Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

I've heard polls that say 80% of the public supports neutrality. Any body or force that goes against 80% of the population does so at their own peril. I hope.

It should provide an 'in' with millenials for anyone running against republicans.

I’m disappointed and worried.

I believe in Net Neutrality 100%

KO3AK Level 4 Dec 18, 2017

Trump and his minions will have us for breakfast if they can and opening the flood gates to potential greed grabs on the Internet is certainly one powerful way to make sure we're on the plate in the morning.

The internet providers are saying that they will not slow down any sites or charge to visit any sites. Yea right! Give them a little more time and their greed will rear its ugly head. If their is away to make more money they will find a way to suck it out of the consumer. Don't get me wrong, i believe in making money, but there is a point where enough is enough. Too much greed is destroying society. Capitalism can only work in a democracy with rules and regulations and protection for the populous.

Exactly!

It's going to slowly ruin the internet for the home user.

Overturning it was all about the ISP's having someone in their pockets so they can basically do whatever they want and we can't do anything about it.

I haven't found a single person against net neutrality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.