Agnostic.com

10 4

Weird traditions

. Since we're approaching Memorial Day, did your family have any weird Traditions that they maintained over the years?

SonOfABeach 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mother's bourbon-soaked fruit cakes that weighed almost 10 lbs. friends always lied and said they liked it

Does working EVERY FRIGGIN HOLIDAY count as weird? 😉

Ozman Level 7 May 25, 2018

Does walking around a cemetery laying flowers on veterans graves count as strange?

My mother would tell me and my 5 sisters to get out of the house and go play. Pretty much the same as the weekends.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...no!

Divorce!

Since the USA have 11/11 to honour war dead same as the rest of the world, isn't simply a bit of a weird tradition to have another one in May in itself?

yeah, america co-opted that, and its 'veterans day' here. for the rest of the world its armistice day tho, yeah.

I'll be home alone like every Memorial Day. I'll probably go to the gym.

As a kid that was the day swimming pools opened. It was usually too cold for swimming. It was also the day that were allowed to wear white clothing again.

Yes ...We always celebrate on a Monday at the end of May.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:89752
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.