Agnostic.com

24 2

What would be an appropriate gift when meeting a woman for the first time?

I have been chatting and messaging a woman in another state. She will be flying into Florida in June for a visit. She is divorced, been married once, mid 60's, three older children. Would like to greet her with something at the airport but I don't know what to get if any greeting gift. Flight landing in afternoon, lunch is planned.

PickledRick 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Call me weird (many do), but a gift at first meeting would make me very uncomfortable.

Zster Level 8 May 25, 2018

A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean

Ummm isn't that a pink carnation? But I guess if it is lunch time..........

@AmelieMatisse Jimmy Buffet song

@jwd45244 I'm so old i was thinking of the Pat Boone song. I do not know the Jimmy Buffet one

I would adore flowers. Nothing overly dramatic but a nice bouquet would be very appreciated.

Also my heart melted a little bit that you are actually thinking about getting her something and asking for advice. You sound like one of the good ones, best of luck to you!

Thank you, This one just might be a 'keeper'....lol

Yes the "Good Guys" are still out there,I think of myself as one of them,rare,hard to find,but a real Gem for the right Woman,I'm a Widower,lost my wife of 27 years to lung cancer in Sept. Finding it hard to adjust to suddenly not have her here anymore.......

Agree that flowers are a good option, you don't want to go overboard. She'll likely be quite overwhelmed anyway just by flying across the country to meet someone for the first time.

Tacos because everyone loves tacos

If he already has the taco, then why take hers?

Yes flowers always a winner. Small gocery store bouquet. VERY sweet of you - GOOD LUCK! 😀

A nice sun hat that she can wear when you show her all the sights or a little something from Sterlings Fudge Emporium, yummy.

Unless she is diabetic or on a diet!!!

Yeah don’t get her anything. Just do do things.

A baby. Women prize babies above all else, just drop a bun in the oven.

All jokes aside, don't buy her a damned gift, just take her somewhere suitable. Her gift is an empty set, okay?

This is tricky....

I'd say some flowers. It's the gesture that counts.

Donuts, everyone likes Donuts! So obvious.

A single rose. You want to start the relationship out right, by beinging thoughtful to eachother and not about gifts and money.

I agree flowers would be most appropriate.

A single flower ? or maybe a new car ?

You beat me to it. A single flower. (Not a rose!)

@pepperjones
Exactly! A few years ago, I bought black eyed susans and baby's breath for my lady on Valentine's day. Huge hit! Waste of beautiful flowers....

@pepperjones
They are. If I am going to give flowers, they will be personal. I don't do standard. 🙂

A small piece of jewelry might go over big, especially if it is from a local artist.

Flowers... keys to a condo, a yacht... Maseratti’s are popular in Miami Beach...

Tomas Level 7 May 27, 2018

?? well that is quite the list. Not sure whether he is a sugar daddy or she is a gold digger. LOL. The only time I ever got a first date gift it was a bouquet of wilted dying flowers#

@AmelieMatisse I was gonna stop after flowere... that was always my best opening.

Maybe a small stuffed animal that has something to do with Florida, like a gator? Just a cute little welcome gift to remember her time in Fla.

I raised my children not to give flowers. Beautiful to look at; depressing when they die. Plants are better. Having lived in Florida, air plants were my favorite. Picking one and arranging an attractive way to present it (on a picture frame where she can show off a picture of her Florida trip) is a great way to say welcome to Florida and inexpensive. That or a 2019 maserati. Choice is yours. LOL

Something personal to mark the occasion that she can hold onto forever, maybe a piece of jewelry with the date of her arrival on it, rings are nice.

A flower but since it is Florida and you are going to be eating lunch, make sure there is a water tube on it.

When I flew down to Texas at the beginning of the year to meet a woman I'd been chatting online with I brought an USB drive filled with episodes of a show she likes but had been unable to watch due to no cable. It also had about 5 other series I thought she'd like. I also brought her kids a bunch of old video games I wasn't using anymore. Both of these were a big hit.

I had also shipped some other gifts ahead of my visit of a more adult nature. These too were big hits.

The bottom line though is that these were all well received because I had been paying attention during the two months of dialogue preceding my trip. I got things I knew she was into and excited about. Think back on your past conversations and the answer will reveal itself.

Yes,old fashioned "Wooing" goes a long ways,shows your interest in her, the kids and how it's possible to expand from there.[agnostic.com]

Yourself, a nice verison. Personnelly I would love it if she gave me a Rolex watch or a new car with the title signed over for future services to be rendered???

One nice rose will do.

A small bunch of flowers. Yellow & white. Not red.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90269
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.