Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK AL Pastor Puts Up Sign Saying “Black Folks Need to Stay Out of White Churches” – Friendly Atheist

Black pastor uses reverse racism to make a very valid point. How can he be divisive, if the population is already divided.

Lukian 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw a video once where a white female pastor claimed that god never intended for the races to be together. She said this with a straight face too. My immediate mind reaction is that her god is so stupid he never suspected that mankind would make big ocean ships and later the airplane. It's idiot nonsense like this (backed up by the Buybull) that helped me decide to ditch religion.

People try to scare me from time to time asking what I would do if it turns out there really is a god. If there is such a being he would have nothing to do with any of the claimed scriptural writings. Bible study alone can get you to this point.

It turns out not to be about racism, at least not in the way you think. He talks about the impact of white flight on the community - significantly because white people didn’t want to live and educate their children with black people. And they don’t choose to worship with black people either.
But black people, by necessity, have gotten comfortable being the minority in all spaces, so they are much more likely to attend majority white churches than vice versa. The result is to threaten the very existence of black churches, even in the inner city. That potentially threatens the exit of those churches and results in a loss of community cohesion.
It’s a valid point even though it’s done in an intentionally provocative way.

thank you for reading the article and educate the class. Gold star for you. wink!

So much for Jesus loves everyone.

That's not me. LOL

ha! are you an Alabama Pastor?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.