Agnostic.com

7 2

Is The Handmaids Tale possible?

Virgoan 5 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Take a look around. It's already happening. We in the US are the proverbial frogs in the pot that gets warmer every day.

Yes. That being said, even should the USA become a Evangelical dictatorship, the similarities to The Handmaid's Tale would be pretty superficial. The future is known to no one.

If we do not do anything to get rid of Trump and his awful family we are living in the beginning of it right now. I tell people America is now governed by an oligarchy and the usual reply I get back is "Democrats have big money backers too." It shows me that people just do not know (or want to know) what you are talking about. It's time for Donnie and his family swamp to go, and he needs to go by any means possible. There is a small amount of evidence that people are starting to realize how bad this is and see as well that he will not go quietly. I'm starting to see that nobody really knows what to do. Trump is a horrible man and nobody wants to cross him. Soon we will see just how horrible he is. The irony here is that low wage and mentality people say things like "he has done more for us in a short time than any other president in history has done." My idiot friend told me that. Then he doesn't get it when his medicine goes up a lot and it cost him $500 to have one tooth pulled. There most be something wrong with that medical industry and they are greedy now. Yes, there is something wrong with them. It's called Donald Trump when he did all he could to kill the ACA. No more "Obamacare." This is what Trump has done for you in a short time "more than any other president in our history." Either you are stupid and dumb or you just refuse to realize it. I'm only talking about ONE thing here and there are many, many more. Wake up! Use your mind.

I see the Christian right moving more that direction every day. Scares the shit out me.

More and more so every day.

We've already had the Holocaust. Yes. It's possible.

It's possible; I don't know how likely it is, though.

@Faithless1 One would hope. And the men too, for that matter.

@Faithless1 ever heard of ERA? A bill that just says women have equal rights as men? It didn't pass. And a woman fought against it. Some people are that stupid.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:90598
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.