Agnostic.com

32 6

What’s your favorite podcast?

Iā€™m always looking for something new to listen to.

ArtfulBliss 5 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan gives some of the best podcast content, bar-none.

If you like MMA podcasts, you should listen to the Unknown Experts. They cover a lot of material and really keep an eye on ongoings. Check this link to see what I am talking about:

[itunes.apple.com]

@DZhukovin I listen to that one as well. It's also great.

@Clauddvon šŸ˜€DDD

It's hard to pick a single favorite. Here's a few of my top choices.

Campaign Podcast: A hysterical Star Wars actual play that plays out like 3 Men & a Baby in space.

Backstory: An American history podcast hosted by actual history professors.

Ars Paradoxica: A woman accidentally invents time travel and gets stuck in the 1940s were she ends up helping America fight the war with SCIENCE!

Alice Isn't Dead: A trucker travels across America looking for her wife who she thought died and gets drawn into a surreal supernatural conspiracy along the way.

Criminal: True crime stories about people that have done wrong, been wronged, or gotten caught in the middle.

Flashforward: A podcast that posits a different "what if" future tech/science scenario each episode and talks to experts to figure out what would actually happen.

Our Fair City: A post apocalypse scifi comedy centered around people living in one of the last bastions of civilization, an insurance company.

Sawbones: A doctor and ner husband take you on a "marital tour of misguided medicine" and talk about the things people used to belive would make them better.

Invisiblia: A show about the invisible forces that control our lives.

Girl in Space: Follows the life of a young woman who has lived most of her life all alone on failing research ship and how she handles suddenly not being alone.

Joe Rogan Experience

Hutch Level 7 May 27, 2018

radiolab

Waking Up with Sam Harris
Jocko Podcast
The Thinking Atheist
The Secular Jihadist
Star Talk Radio
Joe Rogan (select guests, I don't listen to every one of them)
The Art of Manliness
The Jody Mitic Podcast (off air now, he might come back)
Tim Ferriss
Think Again -- Big Think
Bret Easton Ellis (non-paid episodes)

Sam Harris- Waking Up

This Podcast Will Kill You
Savage Love
Lovett or Leave It
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Song Exploder
Sporkful

GwenC Level 7 May 27, 2018

I have way too many favourites

Bloody Murder
True crime island
Felon true crime
Zealot
Let's talk about sects
Do go on
The Dollop
Lpotl
Mfm
Wine and crime

Hello

Video sex ok

Lots: Skeptics Guide to the Universe, The Scathing Atheist, Savage Lovecast, Naked Mormonisim, The Skeptic Zone

SGU is really informative

The Infinite Monkey Cage... SO much brilliance in once place.
[bbc.co.uk]

Humm this is a big one.
I listen to a LOT.
Out of history; The British History Podcast, and Stuff you missed in history.

Out of true crime; Small Town Dicks, Once Apon a Crime, True Crime Island...also another good one but it's a one off series, Atlanta Monster was really good.

Out of Comety; The Black Guy Who Tips, which is really dark comedy because it's mostly about Fd up stuff in the world. Technically True Crime Island falls in to that one too because Cambo, the host, is pretty funny.

Tess Level 3 May 27, 2018

Waking Up with Sam Harris
Jocko Wilink
Joe Rogan
Art of Manliness
The Moth
Alan Watts
Philosophy Bites
Point of Inquiry

Wow - so much to check out! Thanks for the lists, everyone!

Here are my current favorites:

The Thinking Atheist
Dirty John
Armchair Expert
Pod Save America
Slow Burn: A Podcast About Watergate
Breach
More Perfect

The Thinking Atheist. And The Skeptics Guude to the Universe. Both superb

Penns Sunday School, the Drunken Taoist, Tangentially Speaking, and the Ardent Atheist for skeptic communities.

Comedy Bang Bang, Raised By TV, Hollywood Babble On, The Smartest Man in the World, the 40 Year Old Boy, Welcome to Nightvale, Wits, and the Thrilling Adventure Hour for comedy/entertainment

Hardcore History, Freakonomics, Omnibus, Ridiculous History, Radiolab, The Bugle, and This American Life for non fiction/informative

I'm in love with True Crime podcasts, so my favorites are Last Podcast on the Left and Occultae Veritatis

Lore
The Atheist Experience
Waking Up
Heavenā€™s Gate
RadioLab
Hidden Brain
Invisibilia
You are Not So Smart
Joe Rogan
Dan Carlins Hardcore History
StarTalk
Infinite Monkey Cage
Jordan B. Peterson
Talk Heathen

Radiolab.

In Our Time [bbc.co.uk]

Culture, Science, Philosophy, Religion, History. Three experts in their field discuss a given subject, hosted by Melvin Bragg. Every episode, 500+, available such as Tocqueville and Democracy In America, Echolocation and Beethoven as a cross-section of the eclectic mix.

I've been getting into "The Comedy Button" for random laughs, "Myths and Legends" and "The No Sleep Podcast" for stories, and occasionally "bizarre states"

RadioLab, out of NPR in NYC.
Fascinating subjects.
Also YouTube's ScientistMel is great IMHO

The New Yorker Fiction podcast. I listen to it during my commute. Makes the trip shorter.

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast and Thursday Afternoon Just Befoee Friday Monday Morning Podcast

Im really enjoying Chris Hayes new podcast,"Why is this Happening"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91592
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.