Agnostic.com

12 0

Messaging people to tell them you checked out their profile: creepy or good etiquette?

Hermit 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it's a good thing if you have stuff in common,otherwise just creep quietly haha

Most think its creepy and untrustworthy. Obviously if someone has something to hide its creepy. Also there are those that rate privacy as an extremely important thing. If I think I need to I do check them out, depending on why I checked them out I may tell them or not.

Awkward, because the online, letter writing, chat format;
-hasn't developed comfortable "manners"
And, very often, our interactions are limited, Since we lack visual input-
-- humans are funny critters.

I don't know. The whole thing is awkward to me.

creeeeeeeepiness

Redundant as the site already lets us know who visits. If you find something comment worthy though, drop us a line!

Zster Level 8 May 27, 2018

Ha! Not creepy because... well... we asked for it. lol...

It depends on how you state it, the persona of the message and the overall content of the message.

I kind of like it, but only if you are wanting to open lines of communication with the person.

Just plain dumb. They already know you peeped them.

I suppose I should have asked first. Sorry if I creeped anyone out. Damn.

Creepy if that is the only reason you are contacting them. If you have something in common or find something particularly interesting in their profile then that seems normal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.