Agnostic.com

4 1

Who knows where the strategic defence devices went

Star wars was a hot topic. Then just like a rockstar the concept just faded away. Is it up orbiting the earth? Is it functioning can it fry a gnat on a fence post?

azzow2 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the ideal was more along the lines of using missiles to take down missiles, the last article I remember seeing was saying out of 300 attempts they took down 3 ICBM's.

The cost was too high and the technology did not exist to build it. Some improvement in missile guidance came out of the research and other technologies resulted from that research. A few like GPS and some others are still classified.

I don't know...

I'm pretty sure they figured out that it wasn't scientifically feasible. At the time, anyway. I'm not sure if you could do it now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9244
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.