Agnostic.com

17 6

New Years

New Years is coming up quick. I'm curious, do you do the whole New Years resolution thing? Also, here's a picture of a doggo, just cause.

KatieO 5 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, might as well pray! haha

I do not! you might as well pray for it!!

I don't do them, but I quit smoking sometime in Dec. of last year. 🙂

Congrats!! That's a big deal. I was able to quit a few months ago.

@KatieO Great! Keep going, it gets easier the longer you go. 🙂

New Years resolutions are dumb. Why put off what you can do today?

Agreed, my friend.

Don't make a big deal of it.

Despite the fact that it's just one more point in the path of the earth around the sun, there is something that feels kind of reset-y about the date. I'm not sure if I call them resolutions, but I do map out the path for the year in my head.

There are things I will do - move to another part of the country and adopt two retired racing greyhounds, publish my second novel (it's finished - being proof read), etc ... but no, I don't 'formalise' it in a new year's resolution.

Oh - and cute dog!

Become more fit from my gym workouts. So far it is going great.

My everyday resolution is to be likeable and not let any of my 15000 fears control me...

On my first cursory glance, I read "picture of a doggo, just in case," and I was very confused for a second. There are a few cases in which I would need a doggo pic, though, and motivation for a resolution would be one. Promising myself something I do not normally do seems the sort of thing designed to fail. So I neither make resolutions nor find their influence positive in my life. That said, I do believe in attempting self-improvement, and I support others I know in their resolutions, should such resolutions help make desired changes.

Great view on it. That's pretty much how I feel about it.

That’s almost a real dog.

No. I find that whole thing silly.

lovely dog. my last new year's resolution was to never have another new years resolution and its the only one I've stuck too.

Not a big resolution person. I think it ends up going for me:
Step 1. Goal to bite off more than I can chew
Step 2. Realize I can't chew it.
Step 3. Spit it out and grab ice cream(no chewing involved)

My New Years resolution is to put the correct date on everything. It usually takes me three months to get a good habit going.

You can set yourself a goal at any time of the year, so while I don't disapprove of the whole New Year's thing, I see it as a bit pointless, because there's nothing particularly special about the 1st of January.

No, I don't really like New Year's Resolutions. I see no magic about a new year. Anything worth doing on January 1 can be accomplished at any other time of year, too.

Guard dog ,??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.