Agnostic.com

12 1

Does anyone practice meditation?

DudeistDon 2 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do. I love it. Also, just quiet sitting and contemplation is great. Not everybody finds a benefit, but I do!

I meditate from time to time; I find it good to focus my thoughts or to relax if I am stressed. It does not seem to work for me if I am emotionally unsettled though. Fortunately that is not so often now. I use mindfulness or a holosync track. I do enjoy the peacefulness too.

not really, once in a while i try to when im really stressed, but i've never really spent time trying to do it or learn about practicing it well

Only when I'm having my coffee in the morning.

Only when I sleep.

The closest I've come to sustained meditation was through Taijiquan. At present, my injuries make it difficult to pursue, and I have since fallen out of practice these last few years. Personally, I enjoy it and find it beneficial. Not all things that I enjoy have the bonus of also being beneficial.

I meditated daily for a few years and now I think I should get back into that. It's one of the best things I've learned 🙂

Sometimes, but I'm not consistent about it. I find it very soothing to listen to and try to focus on ohm.

CS60 Level 7 Oct 7, 2017

I have done some mindfulness meditation, but that's about it. It's nice to reconnect with your body and clear your mind a bit.

MarcO Level 5 Oct 7, 2017

You talking to me, man? LOL, just kidding.

It's a wonderful moment even if it takes me an hour, at least

Does my stint as an unprogrammed Quaker count? I spent an hour "in the silence" every First Day.

Zster Level 8 Oct 7, 2017

I've tried but I find it difficult to sit still for more than a few minutes.

There' always a better way

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:928
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.