Agnostic.com

34 4

Pawning/selling wedding jewelry

For those that are divorced, what did you do with your engagement ring and wedding band?

My divorce was super amicable and I had planned on giving my rings to my daughters when they're older. Now I need cash and I'm going to see what I can get for them. I'm feeling a little guilty though.

• 20 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 17 votes
Marcie1974 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't done anything with mine yet, but eventually I'm likely to sell my ring.

Jewelry has such a high retail mark-up and such a low re-sell value.
You'll probably be better off keeping them and passing them on to the daughters to save them the expense in the future.

It no longer had any meaning, and I needed the money. Sold.

Melted it. Poured it into a bullet mold.

I sold mine and ended up dating the owner of the jewelry store I sold it to. I guess he really knew I was single at that point LOL.

@Donotbelieve @SonderOpia

Damn, I never considered the benefits of becoming a jeweler.

@JimG lol

@Donotbelieve at least they know we are single lol.

Didn't have any.
Two marriages - no rings, etc.

Years ago, my fiancee broke up with me. After her parents demanded she give the ring back, I sold it for 30$

My wedding ring is beautiful and I love it. Not because it holds any significance for my marriage. It's just a beautiful ring. And it was expensive, in my opinion. So I'm holding on to it. I can trade it in for something else when the time is right.

Mine isn't especially nice and I doubt it is worth much. Really needing rent money and do not want to ask my parents. I don't really think my kids will use it....thought perhaps their kids (my future grandchildren) might like it down the road.

@Marcie1974 no need to feel guilty. If you need money then you should sell it.

Sold it.
If you go to a pawn shop, be prepared to be insultingly lowballed.

I took it to a jewelry store that also buys jewelry. They aren’t buying marquee cut diamonds and said she could just offer me money for the gold. Which ended up being $57.

Went to Pawn America and he eyeballed it and said he’d pay $150 for it. Nope!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.