Agnostic.com

34 4

Pawning/selling wedding jewelry

For those that are divorced, what did you do with your engagement ring and wedding band?

My divorce was super amicable and I had planned on giving my rings to my daughters when they're older. Now I need cash and I'm going to see what I can get for them. I'm feeling a little guilty though.

• 20 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 17 votes
Marcie1974 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You won't get too much if you sell them. I was very disappointed when I sold my engagement ring after that relationship was over. Took me a while to feel ok with selling it. I only ended up with $30 for the gold.

I lost mine years before the divorce. No idea what happened to it.

I'll be selling mine and take my sons to next year

I couldn't get those rings off my finger and out of my life soon enough. But I did keep two items...an emerald and diamond bracelet and a gold and silver snowflake pendant. The stones are real and I'm sure they would have paid some bills...but they're pretty and I don't think of X when I wear them, so it's all good!

Every person would feel different about it. but selling would be more rational than throwing it in ocean. But no one can deny the truth that everyone face different circumstances. Some people's relationship end up very badly so they throw it in ocean to forget the past.

Hussy Level 4 May 30, 2018

My ring was actually stolen long before our divorce. I used several cheap replacements over the years but none were of any real value.

My ex-wife sold hers for a fraction of their value. The jeweler told her the stone was chipped and not worth much. I completely forget to mention that there was an insurance policy.

JimG Level 8 May 30, 2018

Take it to a jewelry store and get an appraisal first.

I haven't done anything with mine yet, but eventually I'm likely to sell my ring.

Didn't have any.
Two marriages - no rings, etc.

Years ago, my fiancee broke up with me. After her parents demanded she give the ring back, I sold it for 30$

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94779
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.