Agnostic.com

15 0

Would you get on a plane if the pilot said, "You're life is in god's hands?"

Who's flying the plane!? ?

atheist 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Based on the structural failure of planes lately, six of one, half a dozen of another. A good luck wish is a good luck wish.

Only about 15% of Theists see God as the guy in the sky. For most, God is Spirit. So my question would be...does God have hands?

@Hebert54 could it be god-ravity?

@atheist

Ha ha!

No, because they sound like they have no confidence in their own flying or in the plane itself.

I would ask him if he bought green bananas last time he went shopping?

lol

I would assume he's saying he is a lousy pilot, the plane isn't airworthy, or both.

JimG Level 8 May 30, 2018

Absolutely not. I really don't want to fly at all unless I'm at the controls. And I don't have a license.

@atheist I've got 3 hours of solo flight time in a 172 out of KAVL, and I was aircrew in the USN. I've flown on a few dozen commercial flights, but will avoid it whenever possible.

@atheist It's not knowing anything at all about the people flying the aircraft, the crew, or the mechanics, and how cramped those seats are. Oh, and that they recline an inch.

When I travel by car, I usually go back roads, through every little town, eat at little mom & pop places, and avoid the interstates. It'll take me a lot longer to get where I'm going, but I very much enjoy traveling like that.

I never fly anyway, so it doesn't matter who is flying the plane. I won't be on it.

Laugh probably.

If the pilot is a religious zealot, he may crash the plane because his "god"(insanity), tells him to. So nope.

It would at the very least make me quite nervous.
What if it was Allah?
Would that change your opinion one way or another?

Prefer it to be Mercury - at least the winged messenger could fly.

Ah no. That would not make me feel at all safe.

@atheist That would freak me out even more!

Yes because i don't believe in god so what he said makes no more sense than if he'd said my life is in tinkerbell's hands

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.