Agnostic.com

12 2

Does anybody else almost message someone and then talk yourself out of it?

Hermit 7 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More often than Everyone knows! I feel more and more like Jeff Dunham's Walter when I even think about interacting with people.

I wanted to send you a private message and then I chickened out. I guess it's because you looked at my profile and you didn't send me a message so I felt that you didn't want to talk to me. I just put all this out here for everybody to see so there you go. By the way I really like your picture and think you're cute. I need to stop writing now before I get myself into trouble.

Yes. I sometimes respond to posts and delete them before posting as well! Ha! I just don’t fit in anywhere and I am often misunderstood until people get to know me. Lone wolf longing to find my pack. I proofread and edit my posts and it takes forever for me to write an email. I hope it’s not this way for you, because it sucks. Introverts can not function like others.

For me, it's more like, "Wow, she lives pretty close by. Should I invite her to meet me somewhere? Nah, she'd just say no."

The possibility that she'd say yes is pretty terrifying, too.

No. I'm selective in my messaging but I send when I want to with no hesitation.

^^ This ^^

Shy people rule! (quietly, at home with their cats)

Introverts unite! We are here, we’re uncomfortable, and we want to go home! (from a t shirt I own) ?

Message people. You have nothing to lose.

I take derris scanden, a Thai herb, to stay in androgyne (mixed gender characteristics and mind set) female mode, but back when I was gender fluid (alternating between male and female gender perspectives) and in "male mode" I could pick up women so smoothly I didn't even know it was happening until came to myself with beautiful giggling girls on each arm.

My horrified female side would usually activate and get rid of them, but I was impressed with how my male side exploited his knowledge of women to win them over.

For instance, he remembered details about the women, their interests, hobbies, and noticed their shoes, handbags, etc, with casual compliments on the fine leather or matching colors..very low key.

He looked them in the eye, listened to them, gave appropriate responses, and when the women indicated interest, which was almost immediately, he knew how to close the deal (as much as a demisexual can, which is, without lust) to get them going with him for coffee or whatever he knew she liked to do.

But even as a neutral androgyne, I've had to beat women off me with a stick..just had to do it with one of my daughter's friends two days ago, who messaged me on Facebook declaring her love. I pretended to miss the point and that it was about friendship, then moved on.

I don't know..I think because even with her, I listened to her. If "real men" could do this I can't imagine them having trouble attracting mates.
I mean, I'm a 65 year old woman and listening to them works, even when I'm not in the market.

I think first then just move on !

I would respond to this, but nah...

I rarely text. I far prefer voice communication.

I have only messaged the cool people who've messaged me

Ha ha!

All the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.