Agnostic.com

9 2

LINK 'Roseanne' and Trump voters

Thought this Matt Bai piece was really interesting inasmuch as it separates Trump voters into 2 distinct groups: the economically disenchanted who have lost all sense of economic safety and the culturally outraged who want our country to go back to the mores that existed in the 50's. So the second group is basically racists, homophobes, misogynists who are what they are and can't be changed. My question is should Democrats be working harder to solve the problems of group 1?

AmelieMatisse 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You never can force change, maybe using a conspiracy theory would work. Aiming at the extremist groups, not fighting them, but doubting them.

Gert Level 7 June 2, 2018

We do have to make major changes but I'd never go for creating a conspiracy theory as there is so much fake news out there I sure don't want to add to it. It is so sad that right now no group wants to stand on merits, they all want to create illusions

@AmelieMatisse Completely agree. It marks the ones that do, but I guess there are other things than conspiracy that can use the same theory. I have to think that over first though.

@Gert let me know because I'll jump on the bandwagon

We need to do all we can to eliminate asset and income inequality. I believe in capitalism but not where vast amounts of money are in the hands of so few people. That is a travesty. We need gun control and women in control of their own bodies and health insurance for all. I am putting as much time and money as I can into electing Democrats this fall.

Yes and it is more than a double pronged attack on the right, we need to use the entire pitchfork. I worry that even Dems in congress end up slipping into the pockets of corporations. Women have been fighting for equality and control of their bodies for so long that we all wonder why we're fighting the same battles as we did 30 years ago. ACA was the first step in the right direction for health care but now that has been diluted. I would add to your list the need for better educational opportunities for all children, no matter what neighborhood they live in and also free or affordable college for everyone wishing to continue his/her education. I worked for 6 months for one of the largest handlers of student loans. I had to leave because it was so terrible to see what these loan services do. I could not be part of it

The problem is The Left is imploding. True liberals like myself are disgusted with the loonies taking over the policies of the left. With Polical Correctness gone mad, safe spaces, not allowing opposing views, challenging free speech. Dreadful

And the loonies who on one hand complain about racists, homophobes, misogynists want to import millions of people from cultures with exactly these idiologies. The hypocrisy baffles me.

KenG Level 6 May 31, 2018

What makes you a "true liberal"? Oh, don't tell me.... Your Use Of Labels. Got you "true liberal".

@GipsyOfNewSpain I call myself a true liberal because I want free speech and small government. Free speech for all. The Left call for stopping speech they don't agree with. That is called Fascism.

I believe in equal opportunity for all.
Gun control.
I’m pro choice when it comes to abortion.
Fine with gay marriage.
Free speech.

@SKETCHYZOMBIE

@KenG closet trump lover sighting.... Warning, Warning. Fake true liberal, fake, Fake, FAKE.

@KenG closet trump lover sighting.... Warning, Warning. Same agent orange tactics. russian lover traitor been found.

@GipsyOfNewSpain TROLOLOLOLOL ??

@KenG
Agreed on free speech, as long as we acknowledge that the Constitution that guarantees protection to speak, does not protect one from the consequences of what is spoken.
Example: yelling "fire!" in a crowded movie theater. Any harm or deaths that "result" from the freely spoken words, are prosecutable.
Hate speech, that does ones place of employment harm, allows them to fire you for the results you brought about to your employer (you having been allowed to speak freely & not prevented from speaking).
With great power (freedom), comes great responsibility.

I think many people voted for Trump because they didn't want Clinton to win. She has a reputation as a warmonger.

Democrats are just "GOP lite". If you put your faith in them you've already given up on politics.

Anything that's ever been done to benefit group 1 was done BY the dems.

Group 1. Group 2 will die off.

My hope too. Should I send thoughts and prayers?

@AmelieMatisse lol. ?

Never saw the show, never found her overweight fat face funny or appealing. Never knew what is like or missed being raised in a tipical american family since I come from the colony so don't care about fox. Do not watch tv other than news and a rare documentary based on real honest history.

So, that's 2 groups. What's the third?

Sorry it was my typo. I changed it as there are 2 groups not 3

You good!

@AmelieMatisse Imagine if we have a President willing to admit his errors. I think I will nominate you for President.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.