Agnostic.com

11 3

Is anybody else close to cracking life's code?

I've been working on it for some time and feel like I'm still missing pieces to the puzzle. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there whose brain continually works on figuring this thing out. There's GOT to be a solution. I just feel it.

The_Antichrist 6 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no solution. You think every human being thatโ€™s ever lived would not have figured out something close, by now, if there were? Sorry but itโ€™s all random.

That's positive thinking for ya ๐Ÿ˜›

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump

True, true

Yes, I have. Itโ€™s called there is nothing to figure out, we donโ€™t controll anything and whatever happens itโ€™s ok.

BULLSHIT!

Whatever happens is NOT ok if it involves pain and suffering. At least TO ME!

@The_Antichrist ok

@The_Antichrist Iโ€™ve had lots of what other people would consider tragedy in my life, none of us escape the human expierence... I meditate every morning with the intent of staying as present as I can, 90% of what we worry about will never happen or is in the past... Iโ€™m not saying It's always easy or that I always like whatโ€™s happening but itโ€™s always OK because thereโ€™s not really anything wrong even when I donโ€™t like it. โ˜ฏ๏ธ

@ArdentAtheist I would say that pain and suffering are "wrong" for the human experience. I would consider death "wrong" for the human experience. If you don't see a problem, you're not going to work on a solution. As I see it, pain, suffering, and death are THE problems in the world. If somehow, we can collaborate to eradicate these ills from the human experience, then life would be a dream. That's my goal. That's the code I want to crack. My mind won't rest until these problems are solved. They MUST be solved!!

@The_Antichrist You go, just be sure your assumptions are real and not made up... I did not say I could not see problems or that I doneโ€™t work on solutions. You are putting it that way because youโ€™re not understanding my point. Thatโ€™s one of those things thatโ€™s ok because you need to find your own way. Donโ€™t forget to enjoy the ride, worrying about what you donโ€™t control simply takes energy away from solutions for what you can impact, we donโ€™t trully controll abythingโ˜ฏ๏ธ

No one has cracked it in thousands of years and so I have grave doubts that you or I are going to.

If you do, though, you'll win the Nobel and get lots of money, so there's that.

Given enough time, I think I can do it. Just because it hasn't been done yet doesn't mean that it CAN'T be done. How many years was it before we put someone on the moon? Doesn't matter. We did it. We can do more. So much more!
If you help me, we can split the money.

And, you need to look at the glass half full.

I'm close to cracking.

Got it all figured out - what do you need to know?

gater Level 7 May 31, 2018

What's the cure for death and suffering?

@The_Antichrist technology and medicine.

@gater What kind of technology and what kind of medicine?

@The_Antichrist We are at the beginning of technology, we already have artificial hearts, etc We die when our brain can't function, in time we should be able to avoid death.

There are so many kinds of and levels of suffering, we have pain relievers, antibiotics, seems like we have something for everything.

@gater I LOVE YOU!!!!

@gater "seems like we have something for everything."
And for what's left, it seems like we can create what's lacking at some point in time.
It may even happen in our lifetime???!!

@The_Antichrist lol thanks - you like that answer? When you posted about cracking the code I was thinking more of Universal concepts of eternity and infinity.

@gater We'll work on those after we take care of the issues facing us today ๐Ÿ˜›

@gater I donโ€™t know where Iโ€™m gonna go when the volcano blows. Or the meteor strikes our planet. Or Climate Change simply removes us (as itโ€™s already begun doing).

@rainmanjr We'll fix these to. You can count on it!!

@The_Antichrist I hope not.

zI think you have found the solution by asking the question? Life is a bitch.

Not for everybody, not all of the time.
When I was manic for 6 months straight, life was a beach. I wish everybody could experience that without the negative aspects of being manic.

@The_Antichrist I lived with one for 18years and it wasnโ€™t,t easy by far.zSorry you had the experience.

@Marine Still learning and growing from it. I'm flipping the script on life god damn it!!!

One day at a time.

42 is the answer.

How? I don't get it.

@The_Antichrist You've never read or seen 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'? The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42. But you must know the question in order for the answer to make sense. Only the books, the BBC version of the radio show (and of course I) know the questions.

Not a clue here. But I don't ponder on the subject as much as I did when I was younger.

Deb57 Level 8 May 31, 2018

You gave up?

We ALL have these thoughts, if that helps you. Nobody can do it all! Are you happy most of the time? Do you have friends and love in your life? Do you work at being healthy and doing good things for others? If so...you're probably a lot closer than you think you are! Good luck!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95427
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.