Agnostic.com

14 2

Conspiracy Theories

What's one so-called "conspiracy theory" that you think is closer to the truth than the official version of events?

RobLawrence 7 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The guns for drugs theory and the Iran-Contra affair proved to be true, and are now the official version of events. We love arming Middle East rebel groups and meddling in South American governments in exchange for drugs to pump into our inner cities, and there’s similar evidence that’s what we were doing in Afghanistan. Our wars since WW2 almost always seem to be hosted by countries full of opiates, herb fields, coke, and oil. And our arms just happen to start showing up there.

So the same government that’s operating the war on drugs is the biggest bunch of pushers on the planet and the insanely inflated US prison population is the last form of legal slavery. The for-profit private prison industrial complex is gargantuan now and making a fortune off free labor by farming the misery of addicts. Whether it was designed by a secret Cabal or that’s just how shit turns out when corporate lobbyists run the government, it’s still a true conspiracy. Also prisons and public schools tend to be designed by the same people. Almost like they’re gettin ya ready for what you should expect. Either keep your head down and do as you’re told, or keep your fucking head down and do as you’re told. ?

Don’t even get me started on how marijuana became illegal in the first place. Look into the racist yellow journalism of William Randolph Herst for more on that. And demonization of herb lately has been paid for by big pharma and alcohol companies.

Also it’s been revealed that the sugar industry was paying scientists off to blame health problems on fat to keep the heat off them. Inspiring my parents generation to give up on real butter and use giant tubs of country crock and all sorts of artificial shit because it’s “fat free.” Who knows how many millions that move killed.

None. By definition conspiracy theories by their inception always contain too many moving parts and if's to be believable. Occam's Razor says that the simplest answer is usually the most likely to be correct. The problem with conspiracy theories is that depend upon people's ability to keep a secret. Secrets are power. If I know a secret and you do not, I have power over you. Your naural curiosity drives you to find out what the secret is. I have the control to withhold that secret. But the only wat I can prove my power to you is to divulge the secret. That's how info gets out and why conspiracies do not generally hold water. Too many if's, moving parts and secret sharing.

With all the bullshit our government shows us throughout history, people still aren't willing to believe that they wouldn't do something detrimental to the level of certain conspiracy theories. I think it's the same reason why most people choose to either praise the Republicans or the Democrats when they both advocate for the same basic tenets of government and corporations that keep middle class and poor people down.

Just research Operation Northwoods to get an idea of the lovely people that run the world. I'm not saying all "conspiracy theories" are true either. Most of them are most likely bullshit.There are ones that have traction and I'm sorry to be the opposite of the people who completely ignore and ridicule someone who might believe in one of these "conspiracy theories", but you would have to be absolutely blind to think some of them have no merit. If they want something enough, they don't care who they destroy or kill in the process. That's what sociopaths/psychopaths do.

You also don't need thousands or hundreds of people to pull something off either.

[abcnews.go.com]

If you read about history and certain political figures and think thanks, it's not hard to connect the dots when some things happen and seeing where they are going to lead to. "The Grand Chessboard" is an eye opening book on American geopolitics. Zbigniew Brzezinski was one of those behind the scenes political guys that was shady as fuck.

i am inclined to agree with you. there is a lot of information out there on 9/11. just google 9/11 Fake to bring it all up. i think the CIA was behind it and the Bush Admin also knew. America needed a justification to go to war

Alex Jones on Info Wars, promotes conspiracy theories as his life's work. A few of his classics, birther theory, Sandy Hook never happened, Jade Helm is not a war excersize, it is a plot by Obama to take all your guns and lock you up in empty Walmarts, Pizza Gate. There are lots more. When he gets going, he is like a Pentacostal preacher at an alter call

He was half right on locking people up in wal marts, the citrus imbecile is putting immigrants in them. :/

Jesus banged mary magdalene.

For some crooked governments out there, it might be beneficial to have a cover-up redefined as a conspiracy theory.

None.

Conspiracy theories are very useful for deflecting attention away from real conspiracies, and the most real one I've found is so toxic that it's socially unacceptable to mention it, even though it's probably setting the world up for the biggest genocide attempt of all time. That makes it difficult to discuss, so it's best done indirectly.

I believe people are sincere if they call for (1) a single state solution to the Israel-Palestine problem with a right of return for all refugees, and (2) more diversity in the West with Muslims being accepted in on the basis that we can all live together in peace and have a wonderful future together.

However, I don't believe people are sincere if they call for the latter while calling for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine on the basis that the two peoples involved cannot possibly live together peacefully. There is a contradiction in their approach which reveals that they have a hidden agenda. We're being played for fools - they don't expect us to get on with Muslims at all, but fully expect us to come to fear and hate them.

That there's a light bulb that can last a lifetime but they won't sell you it.

Trumpie isn't real.

How about this one.... Osama Bin Laden was NOT killed as we were told by the Obama administration. He was killed and buried in a cave where he was hiding somewhere in Afghanistan when several places were bombed in 2001/2002. All those years after, there never was any footage of him ever again, only "voice recordings" that can't confirm he was alive.

close to which truth- the truth keeps moving the goal post

Rosh Level 7 June 1, 2018

@RobLawrence it is like after knowing the truth it unfolds more truth

Only one? In July 1996 TWA flight 800 was shot down in a US Navy training accident, and did not crash from any defect in the center fuel tank. The ship was the USS Wyoming, which was on sea trials off New Jersey at the time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.