Agnostic.com

7 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Quite simply... they are scared to disrupt their simple lives!

Bubaj Level 4 June 3, 2018

We do but we don't have any authority to make anything happen or not happen because we have a government who alone makes those decisions eventually after a while we stop putting in our two- pennorth because we have no power. (U.K.)

When we are young, I think we do, but school takes the, "Why," out of children.

[cdn7.bigcommerce.com]

I agree with the idea that people reject science because they are too lazy to think and scared to change.

This is nothing new. Throughout history whenever a new scientific breakthrough has been made, people have been resistant to new ideas and change, even other scientists are quick to claim someone is crazy until they prove it themselves. Since these days everybody is specialized, most people don't know how anything works unless they have to in order to do their jobs. Our grandparents could build a house, hunt, grow their own garden, butcher their own meat, make home remedies out of things they found in the woods, make their own soap, fix machinery, and all kinds of handy things. All we do lately is call "professionals" and tech support. Its a wonder we can even change our own lightbulbs, much less know how electricity works. Ask anybody how a house is built and they'll probably say "I dunno, magic?". If you can't be bothered to learn how something works, how are you going to respect the people that designed it?

Because they were never properly introduced to it,parents were not responsible in making children take the courses. It all brakes down to education or lack there of.

Because some, not all, so-called scientists are self-interested liars.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96417
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.