Agnostic.com

11 3

A Boom or a whimper?

As many here are less than optimistic about the survival of the human race for a whole lot longer, how to you think we will do ourselves in?
Will it be in a thermonuclear fireball or will the irreversible changes to the environment, soils, wildlife, climate, atmosphere and oceans diminish our population to the point that a single natural cataclysm pushes our species over the edge into extinction? I am for the latter.

HeathenFarmer 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I don't care for religion or god... I am not worried about when and how our time is up here... My Humble Choice.

No grand kids either?

Being an optimistic I like to think we will evolve into something else...maybe grow fins and do like the wales...Kurt Vonnegut wrote a book about that.

Ho-Hum

While it is a distinct possibility that we will destroy our entire species and take most of the other ones with us, I think it is at least as likely that we won't. What seems more likely to me is that a correction will occur. We will reach a bottleneck which will reduce our numbers to the point we are no longer a threat to ourselves, and then carry on from there. It could be a terrible scene, with massive suffering and death; something that many would rather die than live through, but some most likely will, and life will prevail. Things are rarely as dichotomous as we think. It's usually a lot messier than that. And life is fiercely persistent.

skado Level 9 Dec 22, 2017

When I see posts like this I think of all the people who tell me "it is the end times", "jesus is coming". I have heard, listened to religious and nonreligious rhetoric for the majority of my life. How will we end? I have no idea. I think our future generations will live some kind of dystopian life. We are close to that now. Worker bees do for the elite and they dangle the carrot of prosperity in front of us.
Climate change is real, fyi. Nuclear war threat also real. I think the survivors of both or either will adapt and humanity as it is today will cease and new will step in its place. Im not a psychic so I have no idea what that will look like.
For now, have courage, be kind, be passionate and live.

I wanted to say all good things must come to an end, but there's so little good in us, collectively.

it could come in many ways or a few together.I think whimper and boom. when the seas rise and warm and food and water become really scarce everyone will become your enemy and then there is disease etc.

Good answer, but will it be bomb then whimper or whimper until the boom.

I think whimper to the boom or many whimpers more like

We have past the point where we will destroy ourselves. We are in an energy shift on earth, A little more light than darkness, and that's why the darkness is being revealed. In Washington and Hollywood and elsewhere. The New World Order has been controlling our weather, There is no other climate change, it is all them and their weaponized weather control. They are poisoning us in more ways than you would ever believe, food, air, and water and more. But the good news is they are on their way out, and they are pretty desperate right now. Order from Chaos, It all has to change, be destroyed, for us to make it the way that would benefit humankind. All this disclosure is waking the people up more so that will be possible.

when the meek inherit the earth they won't be human.life will carry on after us for sure.

I am sure it will but, bio-diversity will be greatly diminished.

hell yes it will almost go back to bacteria

Can I suggest a novel titled "Evolution" by Stephen Baxter; he has co-authored with Arthur C Clarke in other projects. It's an amazing novel as it depicts the current state of the human race (us) as being a mere moment in it's full evolution, both past and future. In the future, we regress technologically, but it really was only a blip in the full history of the human race. A fascinating read.

godef Level 7 Dec 22, 2017

We do seem to be hell bent for leather in messing up our nest. I take some solas in thinking that after we are gone, that there will be others form of live that adapt and keep going. It was not survival of the stupid.

Anything is possible, but chances are we will get done in by an incurable virus.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.