Agnostic.com

6 6

LINK 'Be My Eyes' app helps blind people do everyday things - YouTube

Just downloaded this app and signed up to be a volunteer helper for the blind. Thought I'd share it with the group 🙂

Alvingo1 7 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just got my first call from a person who needed help. This lady was in her yard and had a hose reel that was connected to one side of those Y-shaped hose splitters with the shutoff valves. I helped her trace the hose back to the splitter and then figure out which valve to turn so she could shut the water off. Very fulfilling to help out with something that's no big deal to me but means so much to someone else 🙂

I work for an organization for blind persons. We actually have a program called iDevices. How it works is that we collect iPhones ftom donors; the phones are then cleaned of any remaining apps and we load them with apps specifically for the blind. There is a training manual that is given to the recipient and we help connect them to a person who can assist them in learning the usage. The phones are given free of charge to the blind person

This is wonderful!

Can't wait to get my first call and help out. Such a simple but awesome idea! Why didn't I think of it first?!!

Omg you're one of the volunteers?!? I hope you'll share some of your experiences with us!

I just downloaded the app and signed up to be a volunteer as of last night. Will definitely report back when I start getting some opportunities to help 🙂

Thank you!!!! I have a feeling that's going to come in really handy.

Oh wow. This is cool. What a good idea. I like seeing these kinds of stories. ❤

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.