Agnostic.com

22 3

If you had a whole week free, no responsibilities, and whatever resources you needed, what would you do with your free time?

Greenthumb 3 Oct 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would build the most comprehensive animal rescue shelter anywhere, with large and luxurious kennels and an animal hospital on site. I would fill them with toys and serve only the best food. The sad thing is, this shouldn't have to be just a fantasy. The conditions for homeless animals is only a small step above inhumane. These animals come in sick with heartworms, broken bones, burn marks and so many other horrors I can't speak of, and their shelter is a tiny cage where they spend most of their days afraid and alone. The lucky ones get adopted and find quality homes. The ones who are too sick, too old or just aren't cute enough, those animals spend weeks or months in hell only to be put down before their time to make space, with no one holding their heads and crying that they will be missed. Please, people, don't buy from pet stores and spay and neuter your pets.

Travel! I'd go to Scotland, England, Germany, France! That's the dream!

Great location choices! For starting out 😛 So many more places I want to see on top of these!

I would go visit the ancient civilizations ruins. I just love that kind of thing.

I know it not world changing or anything like that. I would finally work on putting together a podcast that lets people express different viewpoints while remaining civil and try to show that people with different views are evil. That and work on a comic I have been putting together for the past few months in my spare time.

Very gooood! go for it bro

I love your post! I would help! What a lovely and selfless fantasy. Hugs to you for caring abiut animals

I would take the opportunity to fly to St. Petersberg in Russia and visit the Hermitage to see all the magnificent art works that are held there.

Assuming I had resources ($$), I have a trip to the American NW that I REALLY want to take. The ideal would be two weeks: one in the city and the other in the nature of the San Juan islands. On second thought, make it FOUR weeks, so I can tack on a nice road trip out and another (different route) back.

Zster Level 8 Oct 8, 2017

Possibly take a train ride to visit the national parks out west. Maybe a cruise on the Columbia River. You said unlimited recourses, so design furniture and have a cabinet maker execute them. Volunteer to build homes or work in a disaster area. Hmmm, is there any way we can stretch this to a month??

CS60 Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

Travel to multiple countries in Europe! Or go visit my brother and his wife in New Mexico and go hiking, snowboarding and eat!!!

Sleep, eat, travel, read, soccer, friends.

I also do legal pro bono work for immigrants, disaster relief, at the local food bank.

I would definitely take a road trip to the east coast. I haven't been yet and I could spend an entire week in the various museums and historical sites in Boston, Washington D.C., etc.

Hike another chunk of the Appalachian Trail! Or perhaps go ro Paris. Never have been there.

It depends. If I had a potential relationship in the works, I would spend as much time as I could with that person. Otherwise, I would do tons of recording in my new home studio.

build a space elevator (you did infer unlimited resources).

Finally get my certification in NLP training. 🙂

Neuro-Linguistic Programming ?

Yes. 🙂

Travel, i have no clue where but i'd definitely travel, and try to find a few people to go with me possibly

I’d simply relax the first half of the week, and then I’d go on a road trip with multiple destinations the second half of the week.

I'll have more than a pint a day. Sleep. "Let the world turn without me for a while."

I’d write and record a new song, practice my guitars, re-string a few of them and polish some others. Take a nice long zacuzzi and watch the moon come up. The next day, I’d dive into a few good books I’ve been meaning to get to, and spend the rest of the day out by the pool reading happily. I think if I’m in the mood, I’m uber to down town Tulsa and go club crawlling, checking out a few local bands I like and then when they throw us all of the clubs, I’ll uber back home and call it a night. Up bright and late the next afternoon, I’d be up for more guitar practice, a bit of a swin, then work on organizing my magic book library so I can then work on writing a new bizarre magic show. Next day I want to start organizing my electronic workbench so I can start assembling my stereo tuner for the studio. Saturday, college football, Sunday, pro football with all the assorted tailgating activities, sports, barbeqing and consuming of beer.

Crochet, watch YouTube videos, and nap. 😛

Spending much quality time with two of my granddaughters! I've truly missed them!

That's called my daily life currently. And has been since 2015. I'm not exactly excited about returning to work after college. I'm ready for retirement already.

I would go deep sea fishing and scuba diving in somewhere tropical and pristine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.