Agnostic.com

25 2

Deal breaking action

What small/minor action would you need to witness, for you to totally abandon any interest in someone you recently met, even if you were extremely attracted to them and they seemed to be your soul-mate?

Creative1 4 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Treating someone badly because of their job or station in life, e.g., being rude or demeaning to a waitress or janitor.

Any of the traits currently being nurtured by the American conservative republiclown party.

"Republiclown" - that's good!

Cruelty.

Some sort of cruelty to an animal, being rude to waiter/waitress, being condescending, bragging.

If they voted Republican.

Any type of prejudice towards any type of minority

Explosive anger, boundary disrespect, severe addictions, abuse, and those who took the blue pill. Oh...and hatred of The Clash. A girl has her standards. ?

What is the blue pill?

@BlueWave it’s a Matrix reference.

Taking a picture of her food and uploading it to bloody Facebook.

@Storybook priceless

Disrespect in any form: rudeness to waitstaff, pushing boundaries, lying.

Dismissive, rude, or anything sideways toward my girl or dogs will get anyone the exit sign post haste.

Love me, love my dog. And NEVER disrespect my kids!!!

Obviously any kind of disrespect towards people and animals, but I think the act of littering or smoking would be a deal-breaker since being around my older age... there’s very little chance for rehabilitation.

That was going to be my answer!

I agree. All those things.

Supporting Donald Trump or someone who carried a weapon on dates

Repeatedly demonstrating a lack of candor.

Obviously any kind of disrespect towards people and animals, but I think the act of littering or smoking would be a deal-breaker since being around my older age... there’s very little chance for rehabilitation.

Fucking greed and being self-centred

Dis-respect, it's a no go.

A bunch of good ones already mentioned, so here's another specific to me: She has her phone out and checks it regularly. (It's OK if they pre-warn and it is due to a sick child, parent etc. and they need to be available. In that case, I'm impressed they kept the date.)

Yes, definitely a problem with too many people.

Meanness or rudeness toward people, animals, or the environment. Addiction (I've walked that toad and do not care to ever do do again, even remotely). Talking down to me won't fly either...

Zster Level 8 June 3, 2018

Sucking face with my brother or co-worker.

Eeeeek!

Chewing with mouth open for starters. Arrogance. Conversation monopolizer. And, I need not go on because I know from experience that there are several people here that have my same deal breakers in terms of habits or behaviors.

Mouth breathers too?

Doesn't like animals, right winger, tobacco smoker, insecure and needy.

Cruelty.

Even everyday sadism and sarcasm. I draw the line at cruelty.

I think I would lose interest if the person is close minded to new ideas and belief systems and/or unable to evolve as a person when new/better ideas are presented.

I judge as I go, but starting to realize a woman doing her nails weekly (not for me) then becoming uncapable to function for fear of a broken nail and constanrly using her knuckles instead..... well a man must draw a line somewhere.

My takeaway from this thread so far..... What things I do or possibly could do from my part that I may be completely oblivious and those may be a deal breaker for the other person???...that's what I need to think about.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97743
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.