Agnostic.com

28 2

What or Who created the universe?

Putting all religious dogma aside, do you believe the universe was created intentionally, naturally, or you don't know?

• 1 vote
  • 29 votes
  • 35 votes
kensmile4u 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel that the universe was created by natural events, but what I'm more interested in is what is outside our universe that allowed for the events and materials that became our universe.
I have a few ideas, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on physics to know whether they have any possible validity.

Thanks for your comment. There are leading theories but anything is possible without evidence.

For Natural Origin see Hindu Cosmology. Carl Sagan explains better than I

“The Hindu religion is the only one of the world’s great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths.

It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long. Longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang.”

Creation of any brand and the Big Bang are both equally insane ideas until about a billionth of a nano-second afterwards.At that point, Godless physics makes sense. Trying to blame it all on one of a billion Gods doesn't. Just as I can't explain the theory of the Big Bang, I can't explain why an omnipotent God would sit around in the Void for a million billion millenia, then, one day, decide to create the platypus. I think people need a "god" to have created them,so they can feel special versus being just like the dandelion or nearest rock.

Don't know or actually even care.

If we discovered that it was intentionally created how would that effect your atheism?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98714
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.