Agnostic.com

13 8

Do you have noise pollution around you?

Well... they started that new plant about a mile away. I can hear a low rumble from the east. The humidity is stopping the plant noise from the south. People are moving away. Theres big houses for sell everywhere. Hmmm... wish i could move away.

BucketlistBob 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mostly it's quiet but in the spring the motorcycles come out to play and I can hear them from miles away.

I found out I am a man and not a coworker. There seems to be a requisite cackling outside my office that I don’t understand because “I a guy and I am too serious”. I close my door to focus. Now I am antisocial. So I listen to the cackling and it’s about people not doing their jobs. WTF!
Put me down for a 2-fer, Bob

TonyW Level 4 June 4, 2018

Ok brother..... I hear you and somewhat understand. i had taken a temporary job as the plant utilities supervisor. I couldnt believe the responsibility i had. I felt small sometimes... everything i bought needed approval from my boss. He was always screaming my name...BOB... come see. I would be hyped up on coffee and when i came down it was hard. At lunch i shut my door and passed out. I tried that after lunch and he quickly opened my door
...BOB....your not sleeping are you. Tony... i had contractor's working for me. I was in charge of railroad track repair, Air conditioning work being performed through out the plant. You name it and it was my job.... my boss counted on me and still treated me like I ought to be grateful ... no respect... he and the upper bosses probably were laughing their ass off watching me run ... i feel your pain.

Urban, multicultural London here. Sirens, car stereos, people who sound their horn because they can't be bothered to walk twenty feet and ring a bell, parties, lawn-mowers, strimmers, radios. people using their mobile phones in the street and gardens, helicopters - it never ends. If I wasn't already mad it would get me there.

Yes. I moved from a suburban area to a more metro area and the noise is a pain in the ass. It's never quiet.

What used to be a quiet neighborhood now has Hasidic parties in the street with music blasting. The synagogue across the street also has parties some times with blasting music. It doesn't always happen during the day either and goes into the early hours of the morning at like 2-3am some times. Just the other day there was a party with hundreds of people in the street with music blasting all day. Nobody wants to hear your fucking music all day. They had the cops with them, so what can you do? Some times they burn stuff in the streets for a certain holiday leaving soot and garbage all over the street, and the smell is horrendous. The fire department comes by like 3 or 4 times during the day. What a waste of city resources. You want to celebrate then celebrate, but don't disturb everyone else or be inconsiderate in the process. A new Hatzolah (EMS - ambulance) just opened right across the street and I understand they help people, but through the night you hear the sirens blaring. Then for some reason EVERY night at like 2am, there is some garbage pickup service for the synagogue and all you hear is the truck beeping and the engine. Then some asshole's car alarm randomly keeps going off. Last week it went off again and every time they shut it off it went back on over and over. Last night some jackasses decided to move a bunch of metal into a box truck near the synagogue at like 10pm. It's like I live in the fucking Twilight Zone.....and I'm not even in Manhattan.

Sorry brother... it must be hell..

It’s noisier here than when I was in the mountains. Still, it’s not bad: wind chimes, not much traffic, occasional barking dog. There is, though, a teenager with a truly obnoxious motorbike.

I live across the highway from the train tracks. After 8 years I’ve pretty much tuned the trains’ noise out. But there are always the occasional asses who would blow the train horns excessively beyond the requirements at 3 am just because they can.

Just another way of many we are trying to make humans extinct.

Oh good grief yes. Hate it. Doing the math since there isn't a designated "lawn maintenance" margin of hours here one could conceivably hear a leaf blower, edger or mower every hour until 10 pm. There's even one cretin that has a service who's been here as early as 7am. Then there is the lovely feature that is the high school right behind us. It's so fun hearing their games @ 200 decibels on the nicest of days/evenings and stadium lights..... (it's only cool when the band is doing a drum piece, which isn't nearly often enough to offset how incredibly annoying they are)
Drives me nuts. So wish could find a viable location on outskirts without a gillion dollar price tag.

Not that bad here, yet. Everyone endures noise pollution. Most don't even notice anymore: lawnmowers, leaf blowers, tree grinders, cars, delivery trucks, dogs barking excessively, etc. I feel for you. I couldn't live in excessively noisy places. I'd stress.

When I was a kid I would look out my bedroom window before going to sleep and I could see and hear interstate 80.
They've since built walls to keep the road noise down.

A class action lawsuit is needed.

I hope you're not too badly affected 😟

I have problems with noisy neighbours and large metal gates banging. The latter is a serious problem which is affecting my physical and mental health.

pretty much just the birds and the breeze. the occasional pick-up truck with big tires going down the road.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98732
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.