Agnostic.com

6 3

I don't make New Year resolutions because I know well I'm not going to follow through! But I have this little "tradition" where I get things off my chest before the year is over! It can be good or bad, I tell people something I've been wanting to say and for some reason, didn't! That way I start the new year fresh and with no baggage!

If you were to do this, what would you say to whom?

GeekLeen 7 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never followed through with a New Year's resolution, so I've stopped even trying. However, this year I do have some goals I'd like to meet. They're mostly work related. I've let myself get behind on a lot of little things, and I need to get my sh!t together. So, it's not so much a resolution, but more of a desire to shake myself out of a funk.

I would tell a couple of my friends that they suffer from cognitive dissonance. Why save pigs and horses and goats and sheeps from the Thomas Fire only to celebrate by eating a hamburger? (One has a Ph.D. in psychology.) Why complain about taking blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, blood sugar meds when a tiny, teeny switch in diet would help with all that: cut out the processed foods, cut out the meat, eat whole food plant-based and do some sort of exercise. Yes, yes, yes, it's hard to get old dogs to do new tricks.

I'm probably the only one who likes resolutions. I like to make lists. I like to think of how I can improve, change, amend, create things in my life. So, I'll be making my list soon for the new year.

@GeekLeen I'm glad that you're feeling better. Way to go!!!

I'd tell my girlfriend Traci I can't talk to her every day because she is too materialistic - always spending money her husband can't afford. He retired and within a year back consulting all over the country to support her need to dine out and travel.

Me too-Larry's a nice guy.

Sorry... I don't want to create anymore baggage.lol.
I don't know about this...? Lol... I would have to ask myself what my true intentions were. What's the real reason for a statement... fear? Acceptance?

Really... I don't know what I would say and to whom I would say it to. I seem to have red flags when it comes to being critical of a person. Hmmm...

@GeekLeen. well ok... great example and answer. Thankyou for breaking this down for me.

@GeekLeen gee ....im so sorry this happens to you. To me... a friend should say...huh? But not criticize and make you say your not easily offended. Ask the asshole whats the point? That should help them back up and think.

I made a resolution many years ago, kept to it.. it was never to make another resolution 🙂

I recently unloaded via text on my older brother and my ex. I was just compelled to do it because things had been on my chest for decades and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I know I made them both feel really bad, and for that I'm sorry. But I can't tell you what a load off my mind it was. I didn't call names or state opinions, I just reminded them about situations and happenings that they had been a part of.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.