Agnostic.com

38 13

Anybody give blood?

Every 2 months I give blood or plasma. Its whatever they need. I get a recording back from life share on whose life I've saved using my blood. I don't know how much a pint of my blood cost. I know if your a pint short, a person is going to die. I like being part of the big picture in saving a life. To me it's the American thing to do. I don't care what race or country a person comes from. I just think of the child I may help save or the mommy or daddy that may get to come back home and take care of their family. If im breaking your heart then please go give blood to save that person or childs life.

BucketlistBob 8 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How much ya need?

Well heck ... just one little pint will do.

I have never given blood, however, I am more than willing to. My aunt recently died of leukaemia and I want to help anyway i can, especially in the most direct way possible!

Thank you so much... I haven't done much lately for my follow brothers and sisters and this is the best I do in between other things I do.

Anemia is a sneak as many people with a low cell count think their tired and it masks itself but it can be really serious.... don’t ignore the symptoms

I also give blood or plasma every quarter but I hope so needy patient isn’t getting financially fucked for my “ gift”. I done it for years and do hope I may have helped save a life

Also O- and gave many times. Past it now.

Coffeo Level 8 June 13, 2018

Wait - if we died at just a pint short, all donors would not survive - yes ? I've been a donor since I was 19, and still going strong . Very satisfying to do !

A pint short of dying...lol. not a pint short of full.

@BucketlistBob Ah ... wording is everything ! : )

I used to try to donate at work, most of the time I was too low on iron and when they let me it was hard for them to get the needle in. Last time I went it was "don't feel bad about not coming in" lol. Nice brush off. They did give me a cookie.

I used to donate blood regularly. Probably got up to about 4 gallons. Now, I'm no longer permitted to donate due to medical and medication reasons.
Every so often, I check to see if my "ban" has been lifted, but so far, not yet.
Makes me feel like I'm slacking.

My wife can't give... but ive told her its ok. I ask people all the time about their blood type. Or ill work it in to a conversation. If i can get one person to think about it then i feel good

@BucketlistBob It's a worthy endeavor.

I cannot give blood ?

That's a good reason...my wife can't either.

i got very frustrated a few years ago when, after a false positive for a test, they wouldn't let me give blood any more. Even after I personally had the re-test done and it proved negative, they wouldn't let me give again. And I was a three gallon donor at that point. Very frustrating to be pushed out of something you feel strongly about and want to do.

Well...thanks for trying

I can't give blood in the US because I lived for more than 6 months in Germany in the mid 80s. The baby I gave birth to over there can give blood. However her older sister and I can't. We could be carrier's of Mad Cow Disease.

Damn...

@BucketlistBob I am told if I was going to get it I would have by now, so that is a relief. Somewhat.

I've yet to do so, but think it would be something to put on my priority list. This is a good post, a shame member posts cannot be pinned to the top of the list on the public feed, this one should get pinned.

When I was younger I gave every two months regularly. later on they always had trouble finding my veins (small and supposedly deep) and after several times coming away with arms so messed up from just TRYING that I couldn't even lift them up, (they felt like they'd been shot) I gave up.
Years later I was asked to donate two pints for upcoming surgery. again, they couldn't get any and destroyed my arms, so I had to have friends donate the needed blood for me. bummer! I'd dearly love to give regularly. also they've left me with pits/holes in my inner elbows so that it looks like tracks, which I don't appreciate too much!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99588
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.