Agnostic.com
3 6

Daughter holding Vipera ammodytes, very tame, but even the snake can mistake a finger for a mouse if we are not careful. Niece with a corn snake

ArizonaJerry1 4 Sep 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ouch!

Years back, I was bitten by my 8ft red tail boa, during feeding, when the cage door malfunctioned. Wasn't the snake's fault - she was properly revved up after seeing her dinner about to be served ...
Perfect V-shaped pattern of many tiny bloody holes on my hand.
Hurt a little - not bad, but very impressive to look at !

Glad to see another herp woman in the making !

evergreen Level 8 Sep 5, 2020

What was that bite from? I've often been bitten by eastern rat snakes, Pantherophis alleghaniensis, some of which are very large snakes approaching 7 feet. Their bites barely break the skin, but the wound bleeds profusely. Their teeth are razor sharp but very small.

JimG Level 8 Sep 5, 2020

everybody keeping snakes is bitten sooner or later and yes, it hurts it can be deadly. I have many stories when tortoise nearly killed me crawling under the brake pedal. An 18 ft python broke the bag and hooked itself in a steering wheel on the highway at 70mph. A Nile croc shut up from the basin pond in the house and cause my friend to fall, fortunately not into the water. I am now against keeping exotic pets.

@ArizonaJerry1 I don't have snakes as pets. I've been bitten by wild snakes when moving them from areas where they would be in danger. They don't understand that I'm trying to keep them safe.

@JimG Yes, while I do not believe that we are smarter than any animal, they operate at a different level, and with the perception of the danger, they do not contemplate more than deciding to fight or flee. Once we understand animal behavior, allow for individual differences we are perfectly safe. And there are big differences among individual species. The alligator is a friendly docile crocodilian and the opposite is the dwarf cayman, a relative of alligator that is always pissed of. And another crocodilian like true crocodile Nile, saltwater crocodile etc, they never went to school the alligator attended to learn to be docile. Yes, the animal world is very interesting, indeed and only one species, human can contemplate killing other members of its species at a distance. No animal will ever bother moving somewhere to damage just to damage another animal.

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 1,930 More

Posted by dalefvictorThis is a picture of Tigger, he has been sick for a while.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by ZsterMy first Monarch since moving here! I started a butterfly garden two years ago, specifically targeting monarchs and swallowtails.

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

• Top tags#species #religion #god #video #hope #animals #friends #religious #cats #parents #world #kids #reason #church #hell #flowers #Atheist #dogs #community #atheism #earth #belief #money #sex #book #movies #florida #Jesus #evidence #Song #rain #babies #death #mother #beliefs #DonaldTrump #heaven #relationship #wife #coffee #humans #fear #children #fish #agnostic #Christian #Bible #ghosts #widow #pray ...

Members 367Top