Agnostic.com
4 9

Male Latrodectus variolus, Northern Black Widow
Blacksburg, VA
[bugguide.net]

LifelongLearner 6 Dec 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Check out the palps on that guy!

Both my kids and I have arachnophobia.

@LifelongLearner I grew up near the ocean in Port Elizabeth. The only creepy crawly I've seen in Port Elizabeth was those small grey garden lizards.
I came to Johannesburg in my adult years and lived in built-up areas where there's just houses, town houses or apartments. ...so no creepy crawlies. I've seen a few scorpions in Johannesburg, and spiders too. I'm afraid of both. My kids, I found out later on, also had a fear for spiders. There's rain spiders in Johannesburg and they tend to get in. ...when that happens, I can't sleep. My older son bought a tarantula as a pet in a glass container. He would remove the top to feed it insects. This was to get over his fear. I wouldn't go near it. The thought of that hairy awful looking spider gave me the shivers down my spine. The spider died as my son was more out than in, meaning travelling and living his young life. People think because I live in South Africa that these awful creatures run around us. It's not like that😂. We see all these creatures at zoos etc and other wildlife at game lodges or game drives etc

Inside a tarp while breaking camp in the 4 Corners, she had a yellow jacket in her clutches. Bigger than I had ever thought they were. High gloss black, shiny as patent leather. Safe inside a jar with her lunch, I moved her to a wood pile where I knew she would be happy. Just be aware.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 9, 2020

I like spiders but am not comfortable with black widows .

Besalbub Level 8 Dec 9, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 1,930 More

Posted by dalefvictorThis is a picture of Tigger, he has been sick for a while.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by BudgieSo one night my brother finds a carpet python inside, the other night I nearly trod on one coming in the door, tonight there was one in the chicken coop.

Posted by ZsterMy first Monarch since moving here! I started a butterfly garden two years ago, specifically targeting monarchs and swallowtails.

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraThis is my girl Space Ghost (I thought she was a male when I named her).

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraA cute grey treefrog (Hyla versicolor) that I found in my birch tree, this afternoon. His camouflage was great and I only discovered him when I heard him calling.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

Posted by InsectraSpring amphibian migration in Pennsylvania is well under way! Most of these are Jefferson's salamanders, one of our earliest moving amphibians and a species of special concern in Pennsylvania.

• Top tags#species #religion #god #video #hope #animals #friends #religious #cats #parents #world #kids #reason #church #hell #flowers #Atheist #dogs #community #atheism #earth #belief #money #sex #book #movies #florida #Jesus #evidence #Song #rain #babies #death #mother #beliefs #DonaldTrump #heaven #relationship #wife #coffee #humans #fear #children #fish #agnostic #Christian #Bible #ghosts #widow #pray ...

Members 366Top