Agnostic.com
8 16

Was that the can opener????

RobertNappi2 9 May 15
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

LMFAO! That put a HUGE smile on my face!

OMG, my poor kitties!! I use either pop top cans or a non electric can opener, otherwise known as a P38.

I have a P38 on my keychain. It's so old and rusted that I usually use a knife instead of it. My dad found some new ones at a gun show a while ago. I don't know what he did with it...

@TheGreatShadow Amazon. Though I hate Amazon I got several P38s through Amazon a few years ago. they don't seem to be as hard as the Army issued P38s I used to have, but they're cheap enough to replace as needed. Since it doesn't take up much space and my kitchen is pretty small, I'm happy to have them. And I know I am the most unfeminine of women, I carry one on my keychain, as well as a tiny Swiss Army knife on my pocket. I am always prepared.

@HippieChick58 I try to avoid Amazon because they are one of those big companies that don't pay their fair share in taxes. The very little that they do pay usually isn't paid to the US. But it's so damn convenient! I try to avoid Wal-Mart, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Hy-Vee, Home Depot. But sometimes it is unavoidable.

My P38 is army issue as well. It's just old and rusted. If I dug hard enough I probably can find some from when I was in the Boy Scouts.

Swiss army knife? Be like me and carry a 7" Buck knife everywhere! It has knicks on it because I used it to build an AR-15 once. True story. I didn't have a hammer for some reason.

@TheGreatShadow I haven't shopped at WM in years, and it kills me now that my groceries come from WM because daughter shops there as she was employed by them and got a discount. I don't shop at Home Depot or Lowe's because of anti union activity. I don't shop Hy-Vee because I prefer Trader Joe's, Fresh Thyme, and Natural Grocers. I agree about Amazon but I need the convenience. I won't carry a buck knife because it won't fit in my pocket, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a tweezers, nail file, and toothpick. I have other knives that stay home, and a fairly complete tool kit. I even have two electric drills which I discovered when I moved into my house. I don't know why I have two drills. It is handy when the charge runs out on one that I can usually finish with the other. I like to be self sufficient. If I can't be, I have another daughter and son in law that are carpenters. If they can't help out I hire a professional.

@HippieChick58 I was in the middle of a very lengthy reply when I accidentally clicked out of the tab. Fuck!

WM and HV accepted forged checks from someone I loaned a car to. They never bothered to check for ID. She is a she with a different last name. HV managers were asses. One WM manager even told me "this happens all the time". The fuck???!!!

Apple is overpriced garbage. They are made of cheap components, and the software isn't this cutting edge OS. It's UNIX with a nice front end. Their updates for phones are notorious for slowing them down making people buy the new iWhatever. I bought a macbook air. First and last apple product I'll ever buy. Windows is just loaded with crapware. I had a laptop with an i7 and 8GB ram that was slow AF even with a fresh install. My old computer got bricked. I built it close to 10 years ago! This computer I am using now I built for about $200. Fast AF! And this is the most bloated Ubuntu distro I have ever used! Didn't come with VLC installed. Don't know why because it's fucking awesome (Mint uses it as default). Google crap is preinstalled on my phone, and lots of stuff is backed up on it. It saves MOST of my contacts and will transfer it to a new phone. There are two numbers that I deleted that keep on popping up. I deleted them because the people are dead! Some numbers won't show in the contacts, but when I call the number, it shows them as a contact. I've also been using gmail for too long to stop using it. Home Depot is one of the biggest trump supporters (which I'm sure you know). There are only Menards close to here anyways, and they have an app that will guide you to where you need to be in the store. Cool!

PS you can wear a sheeth, and I'm pretty sure you can use it as a toothpick. Haven't tried it, but I'm sure it'll work.

PSS I had written about 2 pages about the check shit. I'm still pissed about that.

@TheGreatShadow I don't think I've ever used Apple products. At least one of my kids did or does, but I was happy to remain the dinosaur that I have always been. I'm doing pretty damn well, I've talked younger people through issues with the online patient portal for my employer. Sometimes I'm amazed that they trust me with that.

@HippieChick58 I guess it just depends on what you are most conformable with. Linus Torvalds (they guy that wrote the Linux kernel) says he won't use Ubuntu or Debian because it is too hard to install. The guy spent 9 years in university and has a doctorate in computer science FFS! Granted the doctorate is honorary. Only a hand full of people have a doctorate in computer science. When I was setting up this box I originally wanted to use and alternate install, but I forgot how to set the mount point. I know what he means. He uses Fedora (which I never had any luck with). Speaking of doctorates, there is a guy in Omaha that has a doctorate in computer science. His name is Dr. James Wolf. He was one of my teachers. He wrote a program for UP that used lasers to calculate how to dig tunnels. He was on the History channel about it. I'd like to find that episode. What he was doing teaching a simple logic class is beyond me. He must really love inspiring new programmers. Damn good teacher. One guy got in an argument with another teacher about it. The guy was from Spain, and was one smart cookie (most of the people I studied with weren't white). He studied Assembler which is hardcore programming. They don't even teach it at MCC anymore.

Elvis is always ON GUARD around the house. 🙂

Justme43 Level 7 May 15, 2020

Priceless pose & expression.

FrayedBear Level 9 May 15, 2020

It's more than just can openers. My cat absolutely loves Babybel miniature cheeses, both Gouda and White Cheddar. He can be completely sound asleep, but if I start to unwrap one of the cheeses, he can hear the tiny sound the cheese wrapping makes when you're opening it, and will come running. Since I got him, I have never had a complete piece of that cheese. I always have to share with the cat.

Spudgun Level 7 May 15, 2020

Most cats can hear that sound from anywhere.

A great way to bring them out of their hiding places😉

Ray13 Level 8 May 15, 2020

They just know.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 33

Photos 9,026 More

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday morning cuteness...Team work

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaReal men.....

Posted by BettyThis made me laugh. 🤣

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Wednesday cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Tuesday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2How I feel...Reality...

Posted by Dave375Best buddies now!

Posted by RobertNappi2Monday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Sunday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Friday morning cuteness

Posted by RobertNappi2Thursday morning cuteness

• Top tags#cats #video #god #friends #world #dogs #religion #religious #hope #Friday #animals #reason #Atheist #kids #book #money #humans #sleep #hell #church #sex #loves #relationship #mother #parents #DonaldTrump #evidence #community #atheism #children #youtube #society #Bible #memes #truth #movies #fear #belief #pets #wife #coffee #Jesus #death #laws #faith #beliefs #Song #rescue #books #earth ...

Members 1,536Top