Agnostic.com
4 9

Right now everything is in lockdown: fitness, a social club I belong to, hiking club- so I am living, and starting to act, like some weird hermit. But there is more to life than just chatting on Agnostic. I am thankful for the body Nature 'enabled' me with- and I try to treat it with respect. There is a long trail near here and I am starting to meet people. Yesterday, I did only an hour, a few miles at a fast pace. Blood pressure was: sys 128, dia 072, pulse 093. Without heart health, the brain stops- and the talking that goes with it.

Diogenes 8 June 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad you're so active; you're inspiring this 75 year old to get up and get going!

Robecology Level 9 June 5, 2021

We can inspire each other. Now that I am 110 years old, I don't want to look like some of the 55-year-olds from around here..

@Diogenes Your age, again? It's either 83 or110...

@Robecology About the same thing. And some days it could be either!😒😁

So few understand the critical importance of movement. I think, for some, when they die their coffin should be couch shaped!

JackPedigo Level 9 June 3, 2021

Maybe mine too. One hour on flat terraine is nothing. Gotta get out with the club again. Quite a few years back there was a hike over steep, rough paths, about 2.5 hours out and 2.5 hours back. And it was a hot day. I am a geezer----- but I don't like the 'cellebration'.

I usually park my car far away from any door. I wouldn't want to be standing in front of the door of an "all you can eat" restaurant when it opens. I magine getting trampled by a herd of those 300---- or more, pounders😜😒

@Diogenes It all starts with small movements. I often park a distance from stores. When I go off island I spend a long time sitting so I need every chance I can get to move. On island the store is just a mile away and I often bike or walk. For the months of Feb., March and April I got in 200 miles. It was hard.

@JackPedigo Yep, way to go. Now that I am a geezer, I tend to wimp out a lot---- to my own disgust.

I must try and take a leaf out of your book...less Agnostics and more athletics is what I need!

Sounds excellent! You need to take care of yourself. So if you can take 3 or 4 months off (& give me a chance to catch up to you on Points!) that would be just fine! LOL
(Just kidding! You do need to do what's best for your health, but we would all miss you here & your contributions. I'm sure you'll find the right balance.)

@phxbillcee The rate you’re going at you’re bound to catch up & overtake me before I get to the holy grail! 😁😅

@Marionville No way, unless you did take an extended vacation. You do steady content in a number of Groups, a few of them yours, & interact on a number of others. I think you've got a good 100K on me, you'll have reached "nirvana" well before I do...which is fine by me! You Post quality Content & you're lovely to interact with, so I have no problems at all. Heck, it's not that big a thing, really, I'd be doing what I'm doing with no Points involved.

@phxbillcee Me too Bill...no rewards or points necessary.

I am sure- that you are quite able to do what is most important first in your day.

Glad you are able to get out and walk! Well done, taking care of your heart health. Soon your neighbors will be vaccinated and the lockdown will be lifted.

KateOahu Level 8 June 3, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 191 More

Posted by johnnyrobishWell, somebody had to do it!

Posted by WalterGreensTo every one out there!

Posted by LenHazell53Well would you look at that, and who posted it

Posted by Mike-IMAOpinions base on facts and evidence can change the world.

Posted by ChrisAineWhere is everybody? Don't tell me y'all caught up with Xmas festivities. Anyway Merry Christmas free thinkers. May you get a kiss under the mistletoe..😊

Posted by ScribblerWhy is everyone leaving?

Posted by AryabratIsn't this the most logical and simplistic way to dismiss a fictitious superpower/hero? Or is there anymore way?

Posted by AvaBunWhat are your thoughts?

Posted by terenaskawsHow passionate are you in creating?

Posted by SpinlieselToday, in 1872, the last Indian war east of the Mississippi ended with the capture of Black Hawk.

Posted by SlarsAnother throw back from my orange years.. mad to think they essentially just paid us to play with big toys all day fun job...

Posted by AnabuceriasPhoto is worth 1000 words.

Posted by bobwjrThat's this group

Posted by TourirstMIA: Missing in Administration. I have posted this, twice and of course, it slides under the radar, understandably as Admin has left the building for good?

Posted by LorajayThis is a wonderful way to live as long as you take care of the necessities of providing for food and shelter first.

Posted by phxbillceeCongratulations, @Marionville on reaching Level 10!!!

• Top tags#god #hello #religion #world #video #religious #reason #atheism #hope #friends #truth #money #Atheist #humans #children #DonaldTrump #belief #Bible #laws #death #society #earth #church #faith #animals #agnostic #book #hell #fear #existence #government #Christian #philosophy #kids #freedom #evidence #beliefs #youtube #movies #freethinker #created #soul #religions #spirit #evil #sex #pray #Jesus #believer #Present ...

Members 2,650Top